Skip to content

Getting support

I was eligible for Free School Meals: do I get support at College? 

There is a Free College Meals scheme available for all who are eligible.  More details can be found on the Student Finance pages of the website (under the Support and Advice section).  You can apply now for this via the website and you may be eligible for bursary funding as well! 

I think I might need some financial support with the costs of coming to College.  Can you help? 

The College has a range of bursary support for all students who are eligible.  More information can be found on the Student Finance pages of the website (under the Support and Advice section).  You can apply now for this via the website. 

At school I received additional help with exams due to my learning difficulty.  How do I tell College about that? 

You may have let us know during the application, interview or enrolment stages and therefore  we may already have this information. However if you want to 100% sure we know that you may need some support email and we will discuss your needs with you.  If your previous school / college provided you with a “Form 8” (the form they fill in to give you extra support in exams) then do attach that to the email as it will really help us. 

I’m dealing with some difficult situations at present and need someone to talk to.  Can College help? 

The College has a Wellbeing team that can provide you with support and signpost you to service that can help.  To contact them, either pop into see them on the campus you are studying on or email them at  

How can I contact the College Nurse to tell them about a medical condition that I need them to know about?  

Use the form here to tell our College Nurse about medical conditions that might require a care plan.  The Nurse will then contact you to discuss your needs more fully and we can ensure we support you whilst studying with us. 


Do you want the College Nurse to contact you about this information?