Skip to content

New to Apprenticeships?

City College Norwich is one of the largest apprenticeship providers in the East of England. We have over 1,400 apprentices and work with over 700 employers to deliver high quality apprenticeships across a range of industries.

What is an apprenticeship?

Apprenticeships combine on-the-job training with classroom learning. They can be used to recruit new talent or up-skill and develop existing staff. Developed with employers, apprenticeship standards mean apprentices gain the skills needed for a specific job role.

How much does it cost to hire an apprentice?

With the introduction of the apprenticeship levy and significant government funding available, there has never been a better time to recruit an apprentice.

If you don’t pay the apprenticeship levy, you pay 5% towards the cost of training and assessing your apprentice. The government will pay the rest (95%) up to the funding band maximum.

If you pay the apprenticeship levy, you’ll receive funds through the apprenticeship service to spend on training and assessing your apprentices. The government will add 10% to these funds.

How we can help you

We can work with you to:

  • help you decide which apprenticeship is right for you
  • explain the way that apprenticeship training might work for you and what apprenticeship funding is available
  • recruit an apprentice or support your existing staff into apprenticeships
  • agree a training plan with your apprentice
  • manage the training and evaluation
  • ensure that national quality standards are met and deliver integrated, coherent training.

Contact our apprenticeship team

If you are an employer who is thinking about recruiting an apprentice, or would like to find out more about apprenticeships, our apprenticeship team can help. We will be able to offer you apprenticeships advice, provide you with more information about City College Norwich apprenticeships and can help to support your business if you are looking to offer an apprenticeship.

You can contact us using the form below or by calling 01603 773365.

Contact our apprenticeship team