Website Accessibility Statement for ccn.ac.uk
This website is run by City College Norwich. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- Zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen on Chrome and Firefox
- Navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- Navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- All images have a text alternative so people using a screen reader can access the information. We will continually be making improvements to our image text alternatives to further improve accessibility.
- We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible this website is
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
- You cannot modify the colours, text size, line height or spacing of text without a user stylesheet
What to do if you cannot access parts of this website
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille:
- Email email@example.com
- Call 01603 773 773
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Contacting us by phone or visiting us in person
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
City College Norwich is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the non-compliances listed below.
Navigation and accessing information
- It is not possible for users to change text size without some of the content overlapping. This fails WCAG 2.1 success criterion 1.4.4 (resize text). However, the zoom function present in most modern browsers does not cause overlaps.
We’ve assessed the cost of fixing the issues with navigation and accessing information. We believe that doing so now would be a disproportionate burden within the meaning of the accessibility regulations. We will continue to monitor this and make changes where necessary.
How we tested this website
We regularly perform tests on this website to monitor and improve its accessibility. The last test was carried out by Bigfork Limited.
This statement was prepared on September 18th 2019. It was last updated on September 2nd 2020.