Skip to content

Higher Education Finance

Higher Education fees

You can find fee information for each of our degrees on their course page, view our courses. 

Student loans

You may be eligible for a tuition fee loan from Student Finance England to cover the cost of tuition fees. There may also be maintenance loans available depending on your circumstances.

Click here to find out more about student loans 

Student loans do not have to be paid back until after you complete your course and you are earning at least £27,295. For students who are starting their degree after September 2023, the repayment threshold will be reduced to £25,000. 

If you have dependent children, you may also be eligible for other help such as a Parents Learning Allowance or a Childcare Grant. If you are disabled you may be eligible for a Disabled Students Allowance.

Find out more >

Paying by tuition fee loan    

If you are eligible for a tuition fee loan from Student Finance England you will need to bring proof of your application with you when you enrol. If you do not bring this paperwork then you will be required to pay 25% of your fee.

If we cancel a course which you have paid for, we will give you a full refund. If you withdraw from your course early you will be liable for some of the fee on a pro-rata basis. If you are eligible for a tuition fee loan the fee on withdrawal will normally be recalculated as follows: 25% in term one, 50% in term two and 100% in term three.

If your employer is paying your tuition fees

If your employer is paying your fees, they must complete an Employer Authorisation form and sign and stamp it to confirm that they agree to pay your fee.

We need to receive this form at least 10 days before your enrolment appointment or you may be asked to pay a deposit. You can download the Employer Authorisation form here or you can request it by calling 01603 773012.

Paying fees yourself    

Our college offers an instalment plan to spread the cost of fees.

If you are on a course which lasts 15 weeks or more and the fees cost more than £100, you can pay by instalments. The instalment plan requires you to pay 25% of the fee on enrolment and the balance will be collected by direct debit in equal instalments over the following three months.

We accept payments for tuition fees as cash, cheque or via most major debit and credit cards.

Part time Higher Education Students

Tuition fee loans will normally be available to you if you study on a part time course. Find out more here.

Fees are based on 50% of the full-time fee, with students required to complete at least 60 credits per year. 

If you are eligible for a tuition fee student loan please bring proof when you come to enrol. If you do not bring proof you may be required to pay 25% of your fee at enrolment.

Higher Education Student Hardship Fund

The Higher Education Student Hardship Fund is used to support enrolled students facing financial hardship.

HE Student Hardship Fund information and application form

Disabled Students Allowance

If you face extra costs because you have a disability - then you may be able to get help from the Disabled Students' Allowance scheme. Find out more here

More advice about funding and support at our College is available from Curriculum Services on 01603 773439 or

Council Tax Exemption

If you study full time, our College can provide you with a council tax exemption certificate which you can pass to your local authority.

You can request this via the CCN homepage, useful links, letter request form.  Complete this with your details and a council tax letter will be sent out to your home,  At the start of the academic year this may take a few weeks to process due to high demand.

Contact our Finance Advisers

More advice about Higher Education funding is available from our Finance Advisers. You can contact Mantas Beniulis or Rachel McGrath in the Advice Shop on 01603 773 773 or