Support and Advice
Special Educational Needs (SEN) Local Offer
City College Norwich is passionate about supporting students with Learning Disabilities and/or Difficulties.
The Curriculum Services team is responsible for ensuring that effective and appropriate support provision is allocated to students requiring assistance with accessing their academic studies.
On Course Support
- In class support can be one to one, where a member of Curriculum Services supports you on an individual basis in class
- Shared support where we support you and others in the class
- Discreet support where you might not want everyone to know and our support staff can help you without it being obvious
Off Course Support
Off course support to help with your course work, supporting you at lunchtime or taking you to your taxi, personal care etc
Our Specialist Staff are expert in:
Autism, ADHD, Asperger Syndrome, Dyslexia, Dyspraxia, Emotional Behavioural Difficulty, Hearing Impairment, Mental Health, Physical Disability, Severe Learning Difficulty, PMLD, Complex, Visual Impairment
- Specific Learning Disability team SpLD Dyslexia, Dyspraxia, Irlen
- Speech and Language Therapist SaLT
- Assistive Technology (will provide list)
- RUG room for Autistic students
- Sensory room
- Independent living space
The Learning Environment
Images of key areas around the college- school 1, 2, 3, 6th form, HE, Apprenticeships, MINT
How do I get support?
Curriculum Services aims to support you to reach your full potential and achieve your goals. We strive to support you in becoming an independent learner and we adapt the support you need as your learning progresses
- Support on application - When you tick any of the boxes disclosing a disability or difficulty, we will discuss what level and type of support would be good for you.
- If you have an EHCP, please share this with us to help plan your support needs. You can email this to SEN@ccn.ac.uk or bring it to reception for the Curriculum Services team
- Tell Curriculum Services about your support needs as soon as possible so we can plan and ask for funding from the Local Authority. Without this you may not be able to access support.
To find out more about the support available to students, please contact our Supported Learning team on (01603) 773 241 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Transition to College
To prepare for adulthood and starting at the college might be a bit of a worry, so you can come and look around to gain an insight into college.
You can also undertake a taster in the subject you are interested in the make sure you are making the right choice.