3 x Arable Research Intern – Field Team
UPL Europe Limited
Telford, TF6 6JR
Arable Research Intern – Field Team
UPL is a global provider of Agricultural solutions including Agrochemical, Seed, Natural Plant based products, Biological and Nutrients for both foliar and seed applications with a reputation for product innovation and field service expertise. Our products protect and enhance the quality and yield of a wide range of crops all over the world with the aim of ensuring long term global food supply.
UPL has established its brand-new Northern Europe Research Station at Shray Hill Farm in Shropshire, which operates as part of a global network of research stations and where the facilities are being expanded to support the R&D of our global portfolio via field, labs and controlled conditions.
The Research Intern(s) will work in the Agricultural Research & Development Station located at Shray Hill Farm, as part of a highly productive team performing research trials to generate data in support of new technologies under development within the UPL network.
• Working with Research Agronomists in all plant protection categories to support the success of research trials on new potential products in field, labs and polytunnels.
• Developing agronomy skills through day-to-day work, including training to identify common weeds, pests and diseases of a variety of crops.
• Assisting Research Agronomists with the planning and execution of seed treating, foliar applications, crop plantings, visual and mechanical assessments, sampling and harvesting and analysis of data.
• Prospect of undertaking an individual research project supported by UPL.
• Attend relevant agricultural conferences and networking events.
• Opportunity to undertake PA1 (Safe Handling & Application of Pesticide) and PA6 (Handheld Applicators) and other relevant qualifications.
The successful candidate(s) will:
• Working towards an Agriculture, Biology or Environment related higher qualifications.
• Have good communication skills
• Have an interest in agricultural research and innovation
• Be highly motivated
• Be able to work alone and use initiative
• Have good team-working skills
• Demonstrate good levels of computer literacy
• Hold a full UK driving license
Length of Contract: 12 months or summer work placement
Accommodation: Accommodation is to be arranged by intern
One-year paid work placement provided by UPL Europe Ltd
How to apply
Send CV and covering letter to Emily Pineda at firstname.lastname@example.org