Ethos Care Group Limited
Tacolneston, NR16 1BY
As a Wellbeing Assistant at Ethos Care, you will support the clinical teams to ensure the overall health, joy and wellbeing needs of adults with progressive or acquired neurological conditions are met, in accordance with their individual care plans, and under the guidance and supervision of the Engagement Co-Ordinator. You will be expected to maintain the dignity and human rights of all our service users in line with Ethos Care’s vison of empowering people to live their best life possible.
2.0 KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/DUTIES
2.1 To participate as an integral member of the wider multi-disciplinary team in the assessing, planning, implementation, and evaluation of individual care plans, with a focus on inclusion, and across site participation of service users in all activities. These are multi-faceted and will involve providing support to service users with both their activities of daily living and group/individual activity programmes.
Duties may include but are not limited to the following:
• To help plan and provide a comprehensive program of activities that are responsive to individual needs and reflect the personal likes and interests of each service user.
• To help co-ordinate and participate in planned activity programs that encourage social interaction and intellectual stimulation of all service users, ensuring these are inclusive and accessible to all, regardless of ability.
• To liaise with house-based staff and the Engagement Co-Ordinator to share ideas and assist in ensuring that the service users weekly activity programs are regularly reviewed and remain valid.
• Under the direct supervision of the clinical team, provide support to service users with some but not all activities of daily living e.g. assistance during mealtimes.
• Provide companionship and support, on a one-to-one basis for service users who do not want to or are unable to participate in group activities because they are confined or to choose to remain in their rooms.
• To promote the independence of each service user as much as possible, encouraging them to utilise sources of support, information, and advice available both from internal and external sources.
• To prepare and clean equipment as required, maintaining safe/tidy working areas both in individual rooms and communal areas, during and after any activity.
• To prepare and support service users with any activities as directed
by the Engagement Co-Ordinator, undertaking any tasks deemed appropriate and for which you have received training and been signed off as competent.
• Maintain full and accurate records on Nourish Care – Flexible Digital Care Management Software or appropriate documentation (as specified) in order to record and evaluate individual and group engagement.
• Contribute to activity risk assessments and relevant care plans following the gathering of information and time spent with individuals, utilising the above records as required.
• To be aware of and enforce the Data Protection Act 2018 (GDPR principles) particularly in relation to documentation and the handling of confidential information. Any employee found to have permitted an unauthorised disclosure might lead to the Company and an individual being prosecuted.
2.2 To work safely and promote the safety of others at all times by being aware of and
working within, the requirements of the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974, having
particular regard for the following practices:
a) Fire prevention
b) Safer Patient Handling
c) Health & safety
d) Food Handling
e) First Aid
• To be aware of all fire exit means of escape from any house in which you work at all times.
• To adhere to the Uniform policy whilst on duty.
• To be aware of safety and security of environment at all times ensuring all hazards are made safe and reported to the Nurse in Charge immediately.
• To undertake any training necessary for the completion of your duties. To be aware of compulsory training and dates to attend.
• To ensure the appropriate segregation of waste material and it’s disposal, in accordance with current legislation and Company Policy and Procedure for Infection Prevention and Control.
• To follow Company Policies & Procedures at all times.
• To attend staff and other meetings as requested.
3.0 OTHER DUTIES
To undertake such other duties as may be reasonably requested by management or mutually determined from time to time.
This job description is an outline, which reflects the present requirements of the post
and is not intended to be an inflexible or finite list of duties and responsibilities. As these duties and responsibilities change and develop the
job description will be amended from time to time in consultation with the post holder.
To meet Ethos Care values and to assist the wider team in meeting these values -
We require our Wellbeing Assistants to demonstrate that they:
• Are caring
• Are Empathetic
• A good communicator
• Are willing to learn
• Have good time management
• Committed to service user advocacy, being a voice for the resident
Please note that these will be 6 hour shifts with some flexibility on start and finish times dependent on the needs of service and will include some weekend work.
Contracted hours will be discussed and agreed during the selection process.
How to apply