Volunteer Retail Assistant
Priscilla Bacon Retail Ltd
Norwich, NR8 6AA
About the Priscilla Bacon Hospice Charity
The Priscilla Bacon Hospice Charity was created to raise £12.5 million to fund the construction of a new specialist hospice. The new Priscilla Bacon Lodge will be built on an 8-acre site adjacent to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital and will replace the existing Priscilla Bacon Lodge on Unthank Road.
Building work commenced on the new Priscilla Bacon Lodge in February 2022 and the first patients will be welcomed in the summer of 2023.
Would you like to volunteer for a local charity and be a part of our new Anglia Square team?
Do you have an eye for detail and enjoy being creative?
Do you want to gain valuable experience and skills?
Do you enjoy meeting and chatting to new people?
Do you thrive in a fast paced environment?
What we offer you:
Becoming a volunteer can provide many personal benefits and can also help with career development. It is also a great way to meet people, make friends and become a vital part of the team making a real difference helping other people.
As a Priscilla Bacon Hospice Shop Volunteer, we can help you to:
• Learn and develop visual merchandising
• Increase personal confidence
• Become a vital part of the team recognising your skills as a unique individual
• Use and develop your problem-solving abilities
• Meet new people, build working relationships and make new friends
What we will expect of you:
• Honesty and reliability
• A customer focused approach
• The ability to accept and follow instructions
• Regular commitment to the planned volunteer rota
• Support the aims and values of our organisation
• Valuing the opinions of others
• Respecting diversity and practising equal opportunities
• Demonstrating a positive approach to ever changing situations
What can you expect to be doing:
The tasks in a retail charity shop are many and varied as new stock is arriving all the time that has to be selected, prepared and displayed to the best advantage. No two days are alike, but we can offer you the chance to:
• Provide top quality customer service including till work, processing sales and gift aid details
• Undertake stock processing and preparation – including sorting, steaming and pricing where necessary
• Undertake visual merchandising; creating and maintaining high standards of displays
• Keeping all stock and shop premises clean, tidy and inviting for the general public
• Replenishing stock on the shop floor
• Undertaking general administrative tasks such as stocktaking, basic sales records etc
To Suit both applicant and charity
To suit both applicant and charity
How to apply
email: email@example.com or telephone 01603 331172