Skip to content
There's still time to apply for courses starting this September...

Address City College Norwich, Ipswich Road, Norwich, NR2 2LJ

01603 773311
higher education finance at city college norwich

Higher Education Finance

Full Time Higher Education Students

The cost of a full-time higher education course at City College Norwich, for 2021/22 entry, is £8,000 per year.

Please note the only exception to this is the BSc (Hons) Professional Aviation Engineering Practice degree, which has fees of £9,000 per year.

Higher Education for International Students

For International Students, the cost of a full time higher education course at City College Norwich will be £11,000 per year.

Please note the BSc (Hons) Professional Aviation Engineering Practice will cost £12,500 per year for the 2019/20 academic year and £13,125 for the 2020/21 academic year for international students.

If you are studying on a full time HND programme, the fee will be £900 per 15 credit module for international students.

Click here for more information for international students 

Student loans

You may be eligible for a tuition fee loan from Student Finance England to cover the cost of tuition fees. There may also be maintenance loans available depending on your circumstances.

Click here to find out more about student loans 

Student loans do not have to be paid back until after you complete your course and you are earning at least £25,750.

If you have dependent children, you may also be eligible for other help such as a Parents Learning Allowance or a Childcare Grant. If you are disabled you may be eligible for a Disabled Students Allowance.

Find out more >

Paying by tuition fee loan    

If you are eligible for a tuition fee loan from Student Finance England you will need to bring proof of your application with you when you enrol. If you do not bring this paperwork then you will be required to pay 25% of your fee.

If we cancel a course which you have paid for, we will give you a full refund. If you withdraw from your course early you will be liable for some of the fee on a pro-rata basis. If you are eligible for a tuition fee loan the fee on withdrawal will normally be recalculated as follows (plus a £50 admin fee): 25% in term one, 50% in term two and 100% in term three.

If your employer is paying your tuition fees

If your employer is paying your fees, they must complete an Employer Authorisation form and sign and stamp it to confirm that they agree to pay your fee.

We need to receive this form at least 10 days before your enrolment appointment or you may be asked to pay a deposit. You can download the Employer Authorisation form here or you can request it by calling 01603 773012.

Paying fees yourself    

Our college offers an instalment plan to spread the cost of fees.

If you are on a course which lasts 15 weeks or more and the fees cost more than £100, you can pay by instalments. The instalment plan requires you to pay 25% of the fee on enrolment and the balance will be collected by direct debit in equal instalments over the following three months.

We accept payments for tuition fees as cash, cheque or via most major debit and credit cards.

Part time Higher Education Students

Tuition fee loans will normally be available to you if you study on a part time course. Find out more here.

Fees for part time Higher Education courses are usually charged at the rate of £750 per 15 credit module.

If you are eligible for a tuition fee student loan please bring proof when you come to enrol. If you do not bring proof you may be required to pay 25% of your fee at enrolment.

Higher Education Hardship Fund

The Higher Education Hardship Fund is used to support enrolled students facing financial hardship. Guidance on the hardship fund, and the application process will be available from November 2021

Disabled Students Allowance

If you face extra costs because you have a disability - then you may be able to get help from the Disabled Students' Allowance scheme. Find out more here

More advice about funding and support at our College is available from Curriculum Services on 01603 773439 or

Council Tax Exemption

If you study full time, our College can provide you with a council tax exemption certificate which you can pass to your local authority.

You can request this via the CCN homepage, useful links, letter request form.  Complete this with your details and a council tax letter will be sent out to your home,  At the start of the academic year this may take a few weeks to process due to high demand.

Contact our Finance Advisers

More advice about Higher Education funding is available from our Finance Advisers. You can contact Jane Simpson or Rachel McGrath in the Advice Shop on 01603 773 773 or