A job at City College Norwich, Easton College or Paston College comes with lots of added benefits in addition to the salary.
- Some roles are orientated to college term time activity, aligning with schools holidays to allow for caring responsibilities
- We often recruit teaching staff from industry and support their training. Teaching Qualifications and Assessing Awards are supported and fees waived.
- Great pension schemes available to all: Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS) and Teachers Pension Scheme (TPS). Support staff: employee contribution 5.5 – 12.5% depending on FTE annual salary, employer contribution 22.2%. Academic staff: employee contribution 7.4 to 11.7% depending on FTE annual salary, employer contribution 23.68%.
- Generous holiday entitlement: teaching staff 42 days, academic managers 37 days, administrative managers 35 days, support staff 26 days increasing annually to 31 days after 5 years of service, 32 days after 10 years. (Term time roles may only take leave when you are not scheduled to work for the College.)
- The College Rewards scheme offers discounts and/or cashback for purchases from a wide selection of retailers, allowing you to save money on everything from your supermarket shop to your holiday
- A free Company Paid Health Plan which means that you can be paid back for healthcare costs such as dentistry and opticians (up to limits depending on membership level). It also provides access to counselling services and 24 hour a day advice.
- Our centralised sickness absence reporting system provides 24 hour access to a nurse for medical advice and guidance
- Specsavers vouchers provided in advance of the appointment covering the eye test cost and discounts on a selected range of glasses for those using computers at work
- Access to free Occupational Health Services including on site appointments (accessed via HR Services), referrals to doctors when required, wellbeing information/training sessions, drop in clinics, flu jabs, health screening, etc.
- Cycle Solutions Cycle-to-Work Scheme allows you to purchase a bike via salary sacrifice. The full cost of the bike will be split across 18 months and deducted from your gross salary.
- Discounts and promotions for Solutions Spa, Solutions Hair Salon and Debut Restaurant at City College Norwich
- Bus pass discounts for monthly, 3 monthly and annual bus passes
- Travel loans, interest free loans to purchase bus, rail and park and ride season tickets
- Childcare available via the on-site nursery at City College Norwich