Career Advice for Students
The friendly team in the City College Norwich Advice Shop offer expert advice, information and support on careers. They are also here to discuss your options and help you choose the right course.
The team are here to make sure that you have all the support and advice you need. This will allow you to focus on your studies and make your time at our College as enjoyable as possible.
What advice we offer
You can get careers advice and guidance on a full range of careers services including:
- 1:1 guidance appointments
- help with CV writing
- job and apprenticeship applications
- interview preparation
- support in applying for higher education/ university
The Advice Shop also run careers and inspirational talks from employers to help you prepare for the world of work.
Visit the Advice Shop
The Advice Shop is located in the Norwich Building opposite the main reception. Opening times are:
- Term time: Monday-Wednesday 8:30am – 5pm, Thursday 8.30 – 7pm and Friday 8.30 – 5pm
- Out of term time: Monday – Friday 8.30am - 5pm (public holidays excepted)
You can simply drop-in or arrange an appointment by getting in touch on 01603 773 773 or email@example.com
Responsibilities - Careers Leader, Helen Richardson-Hulme, firstname.lastname@example.org
In December 2017 the Department for Education released the Careers strategy and then subsequent guidance ‘Careers guidance: A guide for College’s and Sixth forms, released in February 2018. The documents outline a framework of expectations called the Gatsby Benchmarks with the intention of raising the standard of Careers Education, Information, Advice & Guidance across Schools and Colleges. For more information on the Gatsby Benchmarks please click here
The Careers Leader for City College Norwich is Helen Richardson-Hulme. If you wish to discuss the College's Careers Strategy or Careers Programme, please email Helen.Richardson-Hulme@ccn.ac.uk.
Matrix accredited service
We are a ‘matrix’ accredited service with qualified level 6 careers advisers.
The Matrix Standard is a unique quality standard for organisations to assess and measure their advice and support services. It recognises the support individuals get in their choice of career, learning, work and life goals.
Useful careers websites and links
Please see below for some other useful careers resources:
- National Careers Service
- Amazing Apprenticeships
- Apprenticeship Finder
- icanbea - jobs and organisations in Norfolk and Suffolk
- Barclays life skills - preparation for the world of work
- Which? University - independent service offering information and advice to students and parents
- CV Library - allows you to search for jobs in your area and has live vacancies across all industries