Our college offers free college meals to all eligible students.
A food allowance of £3.50 will be available to you for each day you are in college or on work placements. Your allowance will normally be loaded onto your student card and can be swiped at any of the College’s cafes and restaurants on the Ipswich Road site.
To make the most of your allowance, you can fill up your water bottle on site for free, and use the money to buy a hot meal, rather than snacks and drinks. The allowance must be used on the day and cannot be ‘saved up’. Use it or lose it!
Who is eligible for free college meals?
You will be eligible for free college meals if you are aged 16-18 or 19-24 with an EHCP, are studying on a further education course and you/your parents are in receipt of:
- Income Support
- Income Based Job Seekers Allowance
- Universal Credit with income under £7,400 pa
- Income Related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- Guaranteed Element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (not Working Tax Credit) with an annual gross income of no more than £16,190 p.a.
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
How do I apply for free college meals?
Please use our online application form which can be found linked below
For further information please talk to our friendly advisers (Finance) in the Advice Shop: call 01603 773 773 or email email@example.com.
|FCM Guidance||Download (228.46 KB)|