, NG2 1DP
We have a new opportunity for an enthusiastic individual to be a Trainee Structures Examiner to join Bridgeway Consulting in Norwich Nottingham. No previous experience is required, as we train our staff internally to become valuable members of the team.
· The individual will be part of the Infrastructure Services team working alongside experienced Examiners to gain an understanding and experience of bridges and other railway infrastructure;
· The individual will be responsible for undertaking examinations, writing and submitting written reports and entering reports on client’s databases;
· The overall aim of the role is to become a proficient Structures Examiner with the ability to work alone as a qualified STE04 after a period of training and mentoring;
· The individual will undergo specialist access training, including working at height roped access and will be trained to work in a confined space
· The role will assist the needs of the business in delivering safety critical duties on railway infrastructure.
· Carry out Structural examinations in accordance with company and industry standards;
· Clear communication and production of reports;
· Inform the Project management team of the status of each examination upon completion;
· To work in a professional and safe manner, especially in a live working railway environment.
What We Offer:
· A full training programme to develop the successful candidate to the role of Examiner;
· Industry recognised technical qualifications;
· Ongoing personal and professional development opportunities with mentorship;
· Specialist access training, including PASMA, MEWP, roped access and confined space;
· Technical training including report writing and CAD;
· Railway specific safety critical training;
· Personal pension scheme and access to Validium, our independent employee assistance programme.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
· A good level of physical fitness;
· Being 18 years old or older;
· A desire to learn and be open to training and mentorship;
· The ability to work flexibly, including nights and weekends;
· Willingness to work outdoors;
· Computer literacy;
· Capability to work as a member of a larger team and to work towards a common goal;
· Willingness to travel and work across the UK;
Current valid driving license.
How to apply