Elizabeth Martin or Paul Murdoch (Company Directors)
Norwich, NR8 6EP
Childerwood Nursery is an exciting new childcare nursery provider for children aged between 2 – 5 in the Drayton area in the locality of Norwich, offering both term and non-term sessions between the hours of 7.30 – 17.30 hours, Monday to Friday.
Our aim is to focus on the concept ‘the child comes first’ where our vision for the future and aspiration to ‘make a difference’ in the life of every child and family who joins us at Childerwood Nursery, is at the heart of every decision and action we take
We are seeking a positive, enthusiastic and conscientious Teaching Practitioner to join our nursery team. The candidate will be expected to work minimum of 36 hours per week, all year round. As a Teaching Practitioner you will be an integral part of the team assisting the Nursery Manager by providing an efficient, effective and qualitative support service for 2-4 year olds.
Childerwood Nursery is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we our staff to share this thesis. We also offer additional staff benefits, such as a Nest pension and excellent working conditions in a friendly and caring atmosphere.
This role is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974) and requires a Disclosure and Barring Service check (DBS). Applicants must be prepared to disclose any convictions they may have and any orders which have been made against them. Successful candidates will be required to provide a Disclosure and Barring Service check (DBS) and two suitable references.
40 weeks per year
35 hours per week
How to apply
For further details, including the Job Description and Person Specification, or to request an application form please email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Further information, please visit our Facebook page or website: www.childerwood.co.uk. Childerwood Nursery landline telephone: 01603 865477
• Early Years qualification LV2/3
• At least 2 years’ relevant experience in a childcare setting
• Experience of managing a group of 8-12 key children
• Experience of observing, assessing and planning
• Awareness of dietary and food related allergies
• Knowledge of the Safeguarding and Welfare requirements
• Knowledge of the SEND Code of Practice
• Team player mentality and reflective practitioner
• Value and promote positive relationships with parents and other professionals
• Strong organisational and written communication skills
• Excellent oral communication skills
• Disclosure and Barring Service check (DBS)
• Early Years qualification LV3+
• Cooking skills
• Valid certification in; Food Hygiene, First Aid, Child Protection and Step On training