Support Worker - £500 WELCOME BONUS
, NR7 0BG
Position: Support Worker - £500 welcome bonus
Setting: Residential Service, supporting individuals with learning disabilities
Salary: £9.50 to £9.90 per hour
Location: Harvey Lane, Norwich Road, NR7 0BG – Consensus Support Services
About the Role:
• The right person for this role will be a dedicated and passionate person, who shares our values and ethos for supporting and caring for people with learning disabilities. This role is extremely rewarding, enjoyable and fun. Every day is different.
• Harvey Lane is a friendly and welcoming residential service located close to Norwich City Centre, part of Consensus Support Services.
• Our specialist team supports up to 8 individuals who live at the service (mix of male and female) and who have a range of learning disabilities, mental health, autism and challenging behaviour.
• All staff receive full training and are specifically trained to deal with the complex and challenging behaviours i.e. MAYBO (physical intervention and conflict management), PBS (positive behaviour support) autism and a range of learning disabilities.
• The team tailors their support to each individual’s needs, helping them achieve their personal goals and live an independent lifestyle, and supporting them through every day life challenges inside and outside of the home.
• Individuals are encouraged to enjoy leisure and social activities at the home, such as arts and crafts, sensory activities and games. The staff team play a big part in the leisure, social and community activities, hosting parties and open days regularly where friends and family are always welcome.
• Taking individuals out to nearby Norwich and its many shopping and leisure amenities, such as bowling alleys, cinemas and cafes.
• Providing help with personal care such as washing, bathing and dressing.
• Flexible shift patterns available including early, late and weekend shifts on a two week rolling rota with alternating weekends.
• Career progression towards a TEAM LEADER, earning up to £10.75 per hour.
• £500 Welcome Bonus Scheme. £250 when you join, and a further £250 after your probation.
• Enhanced starting pay rate of £9.50 if you already have an NVQ level 2 or higher.
• Paid annual leave 28 days per year (based on hours/pro rata) inclusive of bank holidays.
• Employee benefits platform providing discounts at over 150 retailers including nationwide cinemas.
• FREE training and induction including the care certificate.
• Support towards completing your NVQ’s in Health & Social Care – Level 1, 2 and 3.
• Enhanced pay for working Christmas and Boxing day & Bank Holidays.
• Employee Assistance Programme, confidential telephone counselling and legal advice 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and a Health and Wellbeing portal.
Consensus has a set of values that underpin and define how we work, inspire us to succeed and support achievement of the highest standards. For everyone at Consensus, our values are what unite and guide us to deliver the best for the individuals we support:
• Choice and Respect, Ambition and Imagination, Reliability and Professionalism.
• Honesty and Integrity, Responsibility and Accountability, Inclusive and Supportive.
About Consensus Support Services:
Consensus was established in 2005 to support individuals with learning disabilities, autism, and complex needs including Prader-Willi Syndrome. Our commitment to delivering the highest standards of support is nationally recognised and validated by the many awards we receive, and the consistently high ratings we receive from national regulators. What’s more, our colleagues are among the best and most dedicated in the sector: trusted by individuals, families, local authorities and commissioners alike to deliver the best in personalised support in bespoke settings.
If you have never previously worked within Care or have a background as a Support Worker, Care Worker, Healthcare Assistant, HCA, Care Assistant or Care Giver then we can’t wait to hear from you. A full induction and ongoing training is provided.
“We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age”.
£9.50-£9.90 per hour
Rotational shifts including earlies, lates and nights
Part time or full time roles available
How to apply
Apply via our website, or get in touch with the recruitment team on 01206417573