Senior Mental Health Adviser
Norwich, NR2 4AP
At MAP, we are advisers, counsellors, youth workers and other professionals working together to provide the best support we can to young people aged 11-25, in a way that works for them.
The pandemic is having a negative impact on young people and the way they live their lives. We are very excited to have secured additional funding enabling us to expand our services to young people and we are recruiting people to join our team who are committed to our values of:
- Being young person- centred.
- Valuing each individual.
- Being professional.
- Working for Social Justice.
Our established and respected Advice Services Team are proud to deliver support, advice and guidance to young people in Norwich, Great Yarmouth, Kings Lynn and outreaching to the rest of Norfolk.
37 hours per week*
*Flexible Working: Options available; part- time applications will be considered on a job-share basis or stand alone with sufficient hours for the role to be covered. If applying on a part-time or job-share basis please state the hours you require to work.
Location: Norwich, with travel around Norfolk required.
Salary: Starting salary £26,457 per annum with incremental progression based on performance to £28,635 per annum.
Closing date: 9am Monday 1st November 2021
Interview date: Thursday 4th or Friday 5th November 2021
As Senior Mental Health Adviser and coordinate MAP’s mental health advice service as part of a management team. You will provide line management and support to your team and support service development to ensure continuous improvement and greater efficiency in our delivery of services to young people.
Applicants will be able to demonstrate:
• Experience of working with young people with mental health problems.
• Relevant qualifications, experience or training in mental health, advice work or similar/related practice.
• Experience of leading, motivating and managing others.
• Knowledge of social issues, policy and practice, as they affect young people.
• One to one and group work skills.
• The ability to cope with challenging and emotionally charged situations.
• The ability to write reports on advice activity for funders.
• Communication & coaching skills.
• IT and reporting skills.
• MAP values.
The successful candidates will receive a range of benefits including:
• Competitive salary.
• 30 days holiday increasing to 35 after 5 years’ service (plus bank holidays).
• Generous pension contributions.
• Company sick pay.
• Counselling and support through an Employee Assistance Programme.
• Excellent on-going training and development opportunities.
• Support from an established and reputable team.
• Corporate events and activities.
• Wellbeing focus.
• Regular line management.
• Flexible working.
• Free tea and coffee.
• Access to cycle to work scheme.
Starting salary £26,457 per annum with incremental progression based on performance to £28,635 per annum
37 hour per week
How to apply
For further information and application pack go to: www.map.uk.net