Project / Design Engineer / Mechanical / Electrical
Hugh Crane Cleaning Equipment Ltd - Engineering Division
Norwich, NR13 3ES
The engineering division of Hugh Crane Cleaning Equipment is one of the leading manufacturers, suppliers and installers of specialist cleaning equipment and systems to many blue chip organisations and household names throughout the UK. This has been achieved through continual product innovation and development along with high standards of engineering to meet our customer’s needs.
A substantial expansion of our Acle facility has recently been completed and to help deliver continued business growth, the company is now seeking a full-time experienced Project Engineer to join the permanent team at our manufacturing site at Acle, near Norwich.
The successful candidate will be given the opportunity to be involved with and potentially lead the continued development of the company’s product range of cleaning systems and equipment, including the COMMANDO range of pressure washers and Cask Force range of specialist brewery cask / keg washers and keg washer/fillers.
For further information on our engineered products, go to Engineered Solutions | Hugh Crane at https://hughcrane.co.uk/services/engineered-solutions/
A recognised mechanical and/or electrical engineering qualification backed up by suitable experience is required, with potential to fulfil a future management / leadership role as the company continues to grow. Further training and development to this end will be available for the right person. The job requires a flexible and methodical approach and the capability of working to deadlines within a close knit team. The role will also provide technical support as required to other departments within the company.
MAIN REQUIREMENTS OF ROLE:
• The design, layout and co-ordination of new products and systems, together with the enhancement and on-going development of existing products.
• Liaison with sales department and customers, understand and assimilate customers’ requirements.
• Working with manufacturing and assembly departments to ensure successful construction and delivery of final products.
• Working within, and assisting to further develop, the Company’s combined ISO accredited Quality and Environmental Management systems (QMS/EMS).
• Ensuring that products and activities covered by the role are safe and legally compliant.
• Surveying, design, drawing and costing of customer’s enquiries.
• Production of supporting documentation.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in core design and project development.
• Advanced understanding of and ability to produce computerised 2D & 3D drawings.
• Fully versed in metal materials and finishing techniques.
• Relevant Electrical & Mechanical qualifications and competence including PLC control and safety/control circuit design.
• Good knowledge of BS7671 (current edition) and its practical application.
• Understanding of and application of key safety and legislative requirements including particularly the Supply of Machinery (Safety) Regulations; Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations; Electricity at Work Regulations.
• Effective drawing and document management.
• Current UK driving licence.
• Effective working within a small team and building the relationships needed to achieve this.
• Ability to prioritise and self-manage.
• Problem solving with a positive attitude toward continuous improvement and “making things better”.
• Good inter-personal and communication skills.
• A commitment to ensuring the health, safety and welfare of work colleagues, customers and our products.
• High levels of honesty and integrity.
• A flexible approach to ensure the reasonable needs and expectations of the company are met in a changing environment.
Competitive - negotiable subject to skills and experience
5 days per week, Mon - Fri, daytime hours
40 per week
How to apply
Please send CV and covering letter detailing your reasons for applying for the position by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org