Personal Assistant Ref: DPSS226
Norwich, NR1 2UD
Job Purpose: To support a 21-year-old male with autism, who is non-verbal, with encouragement to access leisure activities, working 2:1 with another team member. Training will be provided at the beginning of this employment & you will be working with other professionals.
Location: Drayton, Norwich.
Details: We are looking for someone with boundless enthusiasm and initiative to assist the young man to make use of his home safely, and maintain relationships, community connections and activities. To assist with working on his communication & occupational therapy programmes. Training will be provided on this and will be held at the workplace. To support on trips out with the entire family and to keep the young man occupied and entertained at home, and to support with any other tasks as required by the employer.
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
• Boundless enthusiasm, energy and initiative.
• Good sense of fun and lively personality..
• Good communication skills.
• Consistency and reliability.
• Ability to work in small teams at all times.
• Similar interests.
Summary terms and conditions
• The rate of pay for this position is £13 per hour.
• The pay will be twice the normal rate(s) for work carried out on a bank holiday.
• You will be reimbursed for any agreed expenses incurred as part of the role.
• Hours and times of work: 20 hours a week. The work pattern will be discussed further at interview.
• The annual holiday entitlement for this position will be equivalent to the work I would normally expect to be done during 5.6 consecutive weeks.
The post is subject to the following:
• A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
• Satisfactory references from two referees.
• Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 3 months.
£13.00 per hour
20 hours per week
How to apply
Email: DPSSRecruitment@norfolk.gov.uk quoting reference DPSS226