Architectural Technologist Assistant / Architectural Technician
Norwich, NR7 0ET
Chaplin Farrant is an established award-winning architectural practice which is based in Norwich and operates across the East Anglian region. We specialise in providing innovative designs with practical management and cost control. Our practice includes cost consultancy and structural engineering departments to provide a multi-disciplinary and cohesive approach to projects.
We have a vacancy for an Architectural Technologist Assistant / Architectural Technician to join our team.
Sustainability is the central theme of our work, and we deliver innovative and practical energy saving designs or help assist our clients in reducing the carbon footprint on their existing buildings. The firm is renowned for their concentration in a variety of sectors including; Healthcare, Education, Commercial & Industrial, Leisure & Retail, Residential, Social and Community.
Day to day responsibilities will include a variety of tasks assisting our Experienced Architects and Technologist including the following:
• Basic Technical detailing
• Designs and drawings
• Admin duties
• This is an ideal opportunity for a student interested in pursuing a career in Architecture or Architectural Technology. Our experience team offer support for a student to gain industry experience while studying the HND Construction and the Built Environment qualification on day release.
• Requirements to enrol on HND Construction and Built Environment: You will need one of the following:
• a BTEC National Certificate or Diploma in construction or civil engineering
• 2 relevant A Levels plus 4 GCSEs (Either grade A-C or grade four and above), including English and Mathematics
• Access course with industrial experience
• Extended Diploma in CBE (Minimum grades apply)
School leavers: You will be required to enrol on a Diploma in construction or equivalent course and have Five GCSEs at A* - C (including Science and Maths from the higher paper at grade 4 or above).
Full-time / Part-time applications will be considered.
• Competitive basic salary and you will also be eligible for the following:
• Up to 8% pension contribution
• 20-28 days holiday entitlement dependent on length of service
• Cycle to work scheme
• Support and sponsorship of professional training and qualifications
Additional to the above benefits the office offers onsite parking on a rota; Flexible working and the option of an additional 12 days flex-holiday in lieu of working extra hours.
Normal working week is 36.25hrs (5 days @ 7.25hrs per day)
How to apply
If you have the required skills and experience and would like to be considered for this amazing opportunity, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org