Apprentice Commis Chef
The George Hotel
Swaffham, PE37 7LJ
The George Hotel are looking for a Commis Chef to work alongside a team of chefs, assisting with breakfast, lunch and dinner, together with banqueting events. It is a busy environment and requires a keen apprentice looking to progress their career in the future.
As Apprentice Chef, you will assist the chef and train to skilfully produce a variety of good quality food dishes to a high standard of preparation, production and presentation.
Main duties will include:
• Prepare and cook vegetables, salads, sweets, butchery and sauces
• Prepare starter and dessert plates
• Assist with preparation and use basic cooking skills and techniques to produce dishes
• Use traditional cuts and preparation techniques for meat, poultry, fish and vegetables
• Work as part of the kitchen team to ensure dishes produced are high quality and delivered on-time
• Measure dish ingredients and portion sizes in line with recipe specifications
• Identify principles of basic food preparation, allergens, diet and nutrition
• Check food stocks and ensure food storage areas are in good order
• Assist with set up, preparation and cleaning tasks
• Maintain a clean and hygienic kitchen environment at all times and complete kitchen documentation as required
• Follow food safety legislation and procedures
• Help to review and refresh menus in line with business and customer requirements
• Keeping up to date with business and industry trends
• Assist with all general kitchen duties
Working in a kitchen environment can be pressured and stressful at times in order to ensure timely service delivery from the kitchen but is equally rewarding for somebody who is keen to learn and develop in the hospitality industry.
Enthusiasm and a true passion for food are key to this role.
You will be required to work well as part of a team and you must be prepared to take direction & guidance from senior members of the kitchen team.
£146.25 per Week
5 days out 7, straight and split shifts depending on the business.
Hours TBC (from 35-40)
How to apply
To apply please follow this link: https://www.recruit-apprentice.service.gov.uk/vacancy/preview?vacancyReferenceNumber=1611898