Our college recognises our moral and statutory responsibility to safeguard and promote the welfare of students.
We will endeavour to provide a safe and welcoming environment where young people are respected and valued. We will be alert to the signs of abuse and neglect and will follow our procedures to ensure that young people receive effective support, protection and justice.
We have put together the attached booklet to give you some information about how we meet our safeguarding and child protection responsibilities. We have also included some tips to help you to keep your child safe.
Our policy and procedures
Everything we do at City College Norwich is to enhance our student’s experience, therefore students and their safety is of paramount importance. We seek to provide a safe and supportive environment where the welfare and health and safety of students is valued, promoted and safeguarded so that students can learn and progress in a safe and secure environment.
The purpose of our Safeguarding policy and procedure is to ensure that every young person who is registered at our college is safe and protected from harm.
This means that we will always work to:
- Protect children and young people at our organisation from maltreatment
- Prevent impairment of our students health or development
- Ensure that children and young people at our college grow up in circumstances consistent with the provision of safe and effective care
- Undertake that role so as to enable students at our college to have optimum life chances and enter adulthood successfully.
The Safeguarding Policy aims to
- Define organisational and individual roles and responsibilities for safeguarding
- Outline our legal responsibilities in relation to safeguarding
- Outline the process for managing safeguarding referrals
Our Ethos: to provide a safe environment for our students
We are committed to promoting a positive, supportive and secure environment where students can develop a sense of being valued. We will do this through the effective implementation of a series of procedures related to health, safety and well-being. The following procedures will support our commitment to providing a safe learning environment:
- Admissions and Review
- Alcohol and Drugs
- Bullying and Harassment
- Confidential Care Plan
- Disruptive Behaviour in the Classroom
- Student Absence
- Unwell Students
Code of Conduct for Staff
City College Norwich seeks to provide a safe and supportive environment where the welfare and health and safety of students is paramount. Our Code of Conduct for Staff aims to help staff safeguard students and reduce the risk of conduct which could be mistakenly interpreted as improper and lead to allegations being made against individuals.
Safeguarding and wellbeing emails to students
- March 2018 - Student Wellbeing: Coping with depression, low mood and anxiety
- December 2017 - Drugs, gangs and county lines
- November 2017 - Harmful sexual behaviour
- October 2017 - Wellbeing and safeguarding
- September 2017 - Site safety
|Parent/Carers Guide to City College Norwich||Download (3.7 MB)|
|Safeguarding for parents, carers and corporate parents||Download (175.63 KB)|
|Code of conduct for staff||Download (373.43 KB)|
|Parent/ Carer Operation encompass letter||Download (483.22 KB)|
|Spring Safeguarding newsletter||Download (82.63 KB)|
|Are you a parent/carer worried about the sexual exploitation of a young person?||Download (895.25 KB)|
|Safeguarding policy statement||Download (92.68 KB)|
|Safeguarding procedure||Download (1000.34 KB)|