Outstanding achievements in Further Education celebrated at City College awards
9th October 2019 – Tags: FE Awards
City College Norwich has celebrated the achievements of 21 inspirational students at its annual Further Education (FE) Awards, which were held at The Space in Norwich.
The FE Awards are given for outstanding academic achievement by students, as well as for their dedication to learning, progression during their time at college, for having overcome barriers, or for making a difference to others.
The FE Awards reflect the huge breadth of further education courses offered by City College Norwich and Paston College, from entry level and supported learning, to GCSEs and A levels, work-related BTECs, NVQs and other vocational courses, and Access to Higher Education.
The winners were chosen from more than 4,500 students who studied on FE courses with City College Norwich and Paston College last year.
Corrienne Peasgood, Principal, City College Norwich, commented:
Congratulations to all the winners whose achievements we have celebrated through our Further Education Awards. The award winners, and the journeys they have been on with the college, illustrate the incredible diversity of students we are proud to have at City College Norwich. Their outstanding commitment to their Further Education exemplifies what we are about as a college, which is to challenge minds, inspire success, and secure futures.”
City College Norwich FE Award winners 2019
- Outstanding Achievement and Commitment in Access to Higher Education, sponsored by Snelling Business Systems - Adrian Ashby
- Outstanding Achievement in Education and Training, sponsored by Norfolk County Council - Sonia Catchpole
- Outstanding Student Progression in Inclusive Learning, sponsored by Holiday Inn Norwich - Judah Carter
- Overcoming Barriers to Success in Pre-Employment Training (MINT), sponsored by Serco - John Young
- Dedication and progress in English - Bethany Anderson
- Dedication and progress in Maths - Zoe Whiley
- Dedication and Hard work in ESOL - Nazar Musai
- Outstanding Commitment in Academic Progression (GCSE's), sponsored by Norwich City Council - Emma Hamilton
- Outstanding Achievement in Construction, sponsored by Kier - Charlie Winter
- Outstanding Achievement in Creative, Production and Performing Arts, sponsored by Norwich Theatre Royal - Ariana Tavares and Rutendo Mukya
- Outstanding Commitment and Progression in Media, Business and Digital Industries, sponsored by Arnolds Keys - Rebecca Forrest
- Outstanding Effort in Engineering, sponsored by KLM Engineering - Keelen Winhall
- Outstanding Achievement in Hairdressing and Beauty Therapy, sponsored by Wella - Anna Salmons
- Outstanding Commitment and Progression in Hospitality and Catering, sponsored by The Forum Trust - Thomas Martins
- Outstanding Achievement in Health and Social Care, sponsored by Corton House Residential Care - Megan Sadler-Olszak
- Outstanding Achievement in Sports and Public Services, sponsored by Aviva - Nicholas Perkins
- Outstanding Achievement at A Level (CCN), sponsored by Mills & Reeve - Lydia Perfitt
- Outstanding Achievement at A Level (Paston), sponsored by Society of Old Pastonians - Mariusz Lizynski
- The James Barr Memorial Award - Marcie Francis
- The Governors' Robert Walton Award for Outstanding Contribution to College Life - Thomas Martins
- The Governors' Award for Outstanding Student Achievement - Charlie Winter