News & Events
Enrolment information and 2018/19 term dates
24 Jul 2018
We are looking forward to welcoming all new and returning students to City College Norwich for the start of the 2018-19 academic year.
Enrolment for further education students takes place from Wednesday 22nd August.
Please read on for information to guide you through the enrolment process.
Enrolment – further education students
In the next few days you will be sent a letter inviting you to an enrolment interview for your course. As enrolment is a very busy time at City College Norwich it is essential that you attend your appointment. Please note, if you arrive late, you may miss your appointment slot and your place may be at risk.
If you are unable to attend your allotted appointment or have further queries please call our Admissions Team as soon as possible on (01603) 773 008 or email email@example.com.
What do I bring to enrolment?
Please come to the Main Reception of our Ipswich Road campus, from where you will be directed to the room where your enrolment interview will be held.
Please make sure that you bring with you:
- Your enrolment letter.
- Your results slip or certificates you already have, in particular for Maths and English.
- For verification purposes, a form of ID that has your name and date of birth. This could be any of the following: passport, driving licence, ID card, National Insurance card, benefits documentation, examination certificates, bank/credit/debit card. If you are applying for a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) (formally CRB check) we will also need to see recent (not older than 3 months) documents that have your current address.
- Any references, tasks or other documents that are a part of your offer on the course.
- Your parent/guardian email address to add to your contact details.
- Any other documentation requested in your offer letter.
If you are over the age of 19, please also bring:
- Any fee-related documentation requested, for example benefit information or authorisation of employer sponsorship.
- Employer’s information and sponsor contact details (if applicable).
- Payment: If you are over 19, not receiving benefits and not receiving sponsorship from your employer, you will be asked to pay 25% of your course fees at the time of enrolment. Please also bring your completed Direct Debit mandate for subsequent instalments.
- It is very important for you to bring your Financial Notification Letter for an Advanced Learning Loan.
You can apply to the discretionary Learner Support Fund for help with some of your costs (subject to meeting eligibility criteria). To get an application form please download from our website or request one from the Advice Shop firstname.lastname@example.org
Should you require a DBS check for your chosen course and are over 19, you may be required to pay the fee of £44. It will depend on how you are funded for your course. If you have any questions please contact us before enrolment starts on 01603 773 773 and ask to speak to a Finance Adviser or email email@example.com
What happens if I do not get the grades I was predicted?
Please still attend your appointment. If you have not met your entry requirements or exceeded them, please attend your appointment and you will be able to speak to our advice staff or course advisors to discuss your options.
Who will I meet at enrolment?
On arrival, please report to Information desk to sign in with our reception staff. You will then be directed to meet with academic staff before completing your enrolment with our Admissions Team. You will also have your photo taken for your student ID badge, so be prepared!
How long will the enrolment appointment take?
Please allow up to 2 hours to complete your enrolment.
When do I start the course?
College term starts week commencing 4th September, however your tutor will let you know the start date of the course and your provisional timetable for induction week at your enrolment appointment.
What happens if I miss my appointment?
Come in as soon as possible! You will be able to speak to our academic staff in your chosen area to discuss the next step.
What if I want to change courses?
Please still attend your scheduled appointment as this will give you the opportunity to discuss your preferred choice.
What if I require extra support?
If you require any extra support, please contact our Curriculum Services team (supported learning) on 01603 773241 to make arrangements. They will also be available to discuss arrangements at your enrolment appointment.
Do I have to study English and Maths alongside my course?
You will continue to study English and Maths until you achieve a Level 4/5 or the end of the academic year you turn 19, whichever is sooner. We would recommend that you continue to study English and Maths to help you along your future path.
Do I have to attend or can someone else attend in my absence such as a parent/guardian?
You will need to attend your appointment yourself to complete your enrolment and collect your student ID badge. However, parent/guardians are welcome to attend with you.
Enrolment – higher education students
If you are a higher education student, you will receive a letter over the summer with full details of your enrolment which is expected to be from the 31st August.
It is very important that you remember to bring with you your Financial Notification Letter from Student Finance England to higher education enrolment.