Debut Restaurant COVID Procedures
Debut Restaurant COVID Procedures
Since the start of the new academic year the Debut Team have been working hard to provide our excellent food and service whilst ensuring the safety of our students, staff and guests. To enable us to do this we have brought in appropriate changes to the restaurant and our style of service which are outlined below to enable compliance with government guidelines.
Please do not attend your booking at The Debut if you have symptoms or been with anyone who has symptoms of coronavirus no matter how mild. Please self-isolate as per the government guidelines. We will happily re arrange your booking for you.
- To follow the government advice on social distancing The Debut has:
- Designed the table and chairs so that they are at least 1.5 meters apart.
- All guests keep at least a 1.5m distance from others when entering the college, moving around the restaurant and exiting
- To ensure there is only one person in the bathroom we have designated the disabled toilet to the Debut guests
- We ask that guests keep their coats on the back of their chairs and bags stored under the table
Making a Booking and Arriving at The Debut
- Due to current government guidelines we will only allow a maximum of tables of 2.
- The entrance and exit for The Debut for our guests will be at the front of the restaurant building on Ipswich Road.
- All bookings to be made either via telephone or email. Please do not go to Debut Reception to help minimise persons within the college.
- Once in the restaurant we ask all guests to sanitise their hands and to wait on a marker to be seated. This allows our staff and students to explain the changes to the service.
- Due to current government guidelines guests must wear facemasks until their beverage or food arrives
Government Track and Trace
- All our bookings are taken through SimpleERB, all customer information is stored for further bookings and will not be used for marketing purposes. We will ask guests to provide a telephone number and email address. You will be sent 7 days prior to your booking a reminder confirmation along with a link to SimpleERB Track and Trace.
- Please complete the Track and Trace information which will be stored for 1 month. If the local authorities require our Track and Trace information, they will be sent an encrypted file to ensure Debut is GDPR compliant
Service at the Table
- Throughout your visit all front of house staff and students will be wearing visors.
- There have been some changes to our service and table lay up:
- When seated the table will be laid with a water glass, cutlery, napkin and side plates. Guests will be requested to adjust these items appropriately to reflect their orders.
- Napkins will not be placed onto guests’ laps.
- Bottles of water will be placed on the table, ready for you to serve yourself.
- Bread and butter will be prepared and plated in the kitchen, and presented onto the service station beside each table, guest will then place on the table for consumption
- Orders will be taken at a social distance at the table
- Customers will be asked to adjust cutlery if needed.
- Food will be presented onto the service station, and accompaniments added. Guests will be requested to lift the finished plates across to their place setting. All courses will be served following this method.
- Guests will be asked by staff and students to place finished plates ono the service station beside the table. This will be carried out for all courses.
- Due to the demands of the ‘Student Take Away’ service espresso machine, we will only be serving filter coffee and tea. These will be served onto the service station, guests will be asked to lift across the cups, milk jugs and sugar.
- Bills will be presented on bill plates and placed on the service station.
- All drinks orders will be taken at the table and served on trays which will be placed on to the service station beside the table for guests to lift across.
- The drink offering will be reduced due to restriction of space and non-availability of the bar within The Debut
- All our menus will be single use. We will only be giving one food and drink menu for the table. We request menus stay on the table throughout your meal.
- They will be discarded after use and recycled
- The Debut Restaurant will now be cashless. Only card payments will be accepted.
- There will be a tip box at the exit of the restaurant if you wish to leave a tip for the students.
Handwashing and Hand Sanitising
- There are hand sanitising station at the entrance of the restaurant and by the toilet
- All our staff and students have been trained on the correct handwashing procedure and will sanitize their hands after completing every task
Using the bathroom
- The disabled toilet is for the use of Debut customers. This ensures only one person using the toilet.
- There is a hand sanitiser station located outside the toilet
- Toilets will be cleaned every hour
We want to reassure you that the frequency of our cleaning routine has been increased throughout the restaurant. The Debut will be cleaned before and after each service, with touchpoints being sanitizer every thirty minutes throughout service.