Professional Cookery, Advanced Technical Diploma, Level 3
- September 2020, Full Time
This qualification is for you if you are 16 or over and are working towards becoming a chef in a professional kitchen.
- Legal and social responsibilities
- Financial control in the commercial kitchen
- Soups and sauces
- Fruit and veg
- Meat and offal
- Fish and shellfish
- Rice, pasta, grains
- Desserts and puddings
- Pastry products
- Biscuits, cakes and sponges
- Breads and chocolate
Why Our College?
Award Winning Facilities
Our Debut Restaurant holds a AA Gold Standard Accreditation – the highest level a training restaurant can achieve – and is seen as an example of best practice in the UK.
Our students gain the skills required to progress on to some of the most notable destinations including The Savoy and The Ritz.
Catering for the Royal Family
Our students have catered for The Queen at Sandringham House, The Earl of Wessex and The Duchess of Cambridge.
You are likely to have a relevant level 2 qualification in Professional cookery, such as the City & Guilds Technical Certificate in Professional Cookery.
Or direct entry with 2 x GCSE's in Maths and English grade 4/5 or above
This course allows candidates to practice and develop their skills. In addition it can be used as a preparation for developing a specialism, such as becoming a Pastry Chef.
One externally set theory exam, and one externally set synoptic assignment. Mandatory Employer involvement
- L3 Advanced Technical Diploma for Professional chefs,
- City & Guilds Level 3 Advanced Technical Diploma for Professional Chefs (Kitchen & Larder) (450)
- City & Guilds Level 3 Advanced Technical Diploma for Professional Chefs (Patisserie & Confectionary) (450)
- Level 4 Senior Chef in Culinary Arts Apprenticeship (following a period of employment as a Chef de Partie).
The successful completion of this qualification could lead to the position of commis chef in a good class establishment for example in a Restaurant, hotel, pub, Bistro or contract catering sector.
If you are a UK or home fee status student and aged 16-18 on the 31st August before the start of your course, tuition fees are free. If you are aged 19 and over please contact the Advice Shop. Please check our Finance pages for information on loans, bursaries, fee information and student travel offers that are available. Please be aware that there will be an additional fee for uniform and equipment.