Hair Professional Apprenticeship Level 2 Standard
- September 2021, Apprenticeship
Designed for use in Hair Salons. Hair Professionals will be able to shampoo and condition hair, cut hair using a range of techniques, style and finish hair to create variety of looks, and colour and lighten hair. Hairdressers must be able to work with all hair types ranging from straight hair to very curly, wiry hair. They also need to be able to carry out consultations with clients, demonstrate the professionalism, values, behaviours, communication skills and safe working practices associated with their role and be able to work without supervision to a high level of precision, with exceptional client care skills.
Course Content includes:
- Industry codes of practice and ethics
- Time Management
- Quality Assurance systems
- Legal and Organisational Requirements
- Use of Tools and Equipment
- Waste Disposal
- Health and Safety / Client Protection
- Shampoo, Condition and Treat Hair
- Cut Hair using a Range of Techniques
- One Length
- Fringe Cutting
- Precision Cutting Techniques
- Style and Finish Hair
- Setting / Dressing/ Plaiting
You will complete the Level 2 Hair Professional Apprenticeship Apprenticeship Standard.
- This Apprenticeship will involve college attendance and off the job training.
- You will also develop your knowledge, skills and behaviours.
- You need to have an employer to support your Apprenticeship and be employed in a relevant job role.
- The typical length of this Apprenticeship course is 24 months.
- This course starts in September.
Contact our Apprenticeship Team to find out when our next course start date is.
If you already have an employer for your Apprenticeship, or would like more information on how to find an Apprenticeship, please click Apply Now.
If you are an Employer who is looking to recruit an Apprentice or already have someone you would like to enrol onto the Apprenticeship course, please contact our Apprenticeship Team on 01603 773365 or email Apprenticeships@ccn.ac.uk to discuss next steps.
Why Our College?
Real Salon Environment
Our training salons are open to the public which gives you the chance to experience working on real clients before you start work.
- Grade 3 / D in English and Maths required, in addition to the appropriate job role to meet the Standard content.
- In order to enrol onto an Apprenticeship, you need to be employed in a relevant job role and undertake a range of tasks which would enable you to complete the Apprenticeship qualification.
For the full Apprenticeship, learners will complete:
- Level 2 Hair Professional Apprenticeship
- Functional Skills in Maths
- Functional Skills in English
Training and assessments are delivered in the workplace and in college. Apprentices will be required to attend college-based sessions as part of their training, whilst also completing off-the-job training in the workplace. You will also complete assessments and observations in the workplace.
You will need to complete Level 2 Maths and English before End Point Assessment, and have completed a portfolio of evidence.
The End Point Assessment will provide a holistic assessment of the learner’s skills similar to an industry trade test and will comprise of:
- Practical Assessment
- Minimum of 2 models
- Maximum time limit of six hours
- Oral Questioning
- Apprentices can progress onto the Level 3 Hairdressing Apprenticeship (the new Apprenticeship Standard in development)
- Career progression may include continuation, development or promotion at work or within this sector, for instance as a Junior Stylist.
Achievement of the standard makes you eligible for State Registration with the Hair Council.
Apprenticeship course fees are subject to the age of the apprentice, the payroll of the employer and the number of employees. Course fees are paid by the employer and not the apprentice. Employers who take on an apprentice aged between 16-18 years old, or with an Educational Health Care Plan, will receive an Incentive Payment to help cover their costs. To discuss Apprenticeship course fees, employers should contact the Apprenticeship Team on 01603 773365 or email Apprenticeships@ccn.ac.uk.
For more information on recruiting an apprentice or if you would like to train your existing staff please contact our Employer Partnerships Team on 01603 773365 or email Apprenticeships@ccn.ac.uk.