Supported Teaching and Learning in Schools, Level 3
- September 2021, Full Time
- This course offers a comprehensive understanding to the role of a teaching assistant, giving you the underpinning knowledge and skills to progress within this industry.
- The course is appropriate for those who are certain that they don’t wish to work with children in the Foundation Stage i.e. those under 5 but would like to work in a school setting supporting children between 5-19.
- This course is predominantly designed as a progression option from Level 2 programmes of study or those aged 17 who have a specific focus within the industry. If learners undertake this course at 16 they will need to undertake another course or an apprenticeship at the end of the year.
- This programme is designed as an entry into industry and does not hold direct UCAS points but with suitable experience progression to an FdA is possible.
- Students initially undertake placement in a school setting but have the opportunity to move to a setting for children with additional needs when most competencies have been achieved. Placement experience is for 2 days per week.
Why our college?
Industry standard facilities
At our college you will have access to industry-standard facilities and get to use top of the range equipment. On our campus you’ll find media suites, TV studios, design labs, workshops, hair & beauty salons, working kitchens and a live theatre.
Gain real experiences of work
All of our courses will provide you with outstanding experiences of work and prepare you for your future career. You will work with real employers and customers and build connections.
A unique student experience
This is what really sets us apart. At our college you will experience the freedom to be yourself. Being part of an active Students’ Union, having opportunities to travel and enjoying live entertainment are just a few of the amazing opportunities available to you.
4 GSCE's grade C or grade 4 and above or completion of level 2 programme of study
If you are a UK or home fee status student and aged 16-18 on the 31st August before the start of your course, tuition fees are free. If you are aged 19 years and over please contact the Advice Shop. Please check our Finance pages for information on loans, bursaries, fee information and student travel offers that are available.