Developing Skills in Health and Social Care (DSHSC)
From September 2020, the Developing Skills in Health and Social Care (DSHSC) project, will be providing fully funded qualifications to staff working in the Health and Social Care sector across Norfolk and Suffolk. City College Norwich is part of this collaborative project, led by Norfolk and Suffolk County Councils, alongside a range of local colleges, training providers and other partners.
The aim of the project is to empower people working in the sector to develop new skills. This will enable them to continue providing high-quality care to local people. The project team will work closely with health and social care providers to identify the best way to involve their staff in the project.
City College Norwich is offering the following qualifications:
- Level 2 qualification in Dementia
- Level 2 qualification in End of Life Care
- Level 4 Aspiring Managers programme, tailored to specific leadership skills for the sector.
Courses and planned delivery dates/times
|Level 4 Aspiring Managers|
|Option 1 afternoons||Option 2 afternoons|
|Monday and Wednesday afternoons 1430-1700 beginning 19 April. Ends 5 July (no delivery w/c 3 May or w/c 31 May).||Wednesday and Friday afternoons 1430-1700 beginning 21 April. Ends 28 June (no delivery w/c 31 May).|
We plan for the first session to take place onsite at City College Norwich to
- support the completion of the enrolment process,
- provide you with an opportunity to meet the lecturer and your fellow peers,
- support you with access to college virtual learning platform ahead of online virtual delivery for the remainder of the course
- provide an overview of the course and how it will run and be assessed.
However, this is something we are keeping this under review due to COVID-19, government restrictions and necessary control measures being taken by the college. We will inform you nearer the start of the course if arrangements need to change. Please be aware that should the first session be onsite, it may last slightly longer than the usual 2.5 hours (approx. 3-hours).
Groups for all courses should not exceed 12 participants and you will be allocated a mentor by Norfolk/Suffolk County Council who will be able to support you on your learning journey. You will also be able to access one-to-one sessions with your course lecturer.
To be eligible, participants must:
- Be legally entitled to live and work in the UK
- Live in Norfolk or Suffolk and be employed by an organisation that provides health and / or social care services for adults in Norfolk or Suffolk. (This includes people who are self-employed).
To sign up, or for more information about fully funded training opportunities, please visit www.norfolk.gov.uk/developingskills An Employer Engagement Officer will make contact with you to talk through options depending on your individual needs
The DSHSC project is part funded by the European Social Fund.