Award in Requirements for Electrical Installations Level 3 - Online 18th Edition 2382-18 BS7671:2018
Wednesday 31st July 2019
- Wednesday 31st July 2019, Part Time
This qualification is primarily aimed at practising electricians with relevant experience and other allied professionals e.g surveyors, consultants and other trades needing to update and enhance their understanding of IET Wiring Regulations. It is also suitable for anyone wishing to demonstrate and understanding of the IET 18th Edition Wiring Regulations (BS 7671).
Everyone working as an electrician requires the 18th Edition qualification to ensure they have a full understanding of the new Blue Book. All installations designed from January 2019 onwards must comply with the new regulations.
Our content will follow the C&G 2382-18 syllabus and include;
- Introduction to the 18th Edition IEE Wiring Regulations BS7671
- Understand the scope, object and fundamental principles of BS7671
- Understand the definitions used within BS7671
- Understand how to assess the general characteristics of electrical installations
- Understand requirements of protection for safety for electrical installations
- Understand the requirements for selection and erection of equipment for electrical installations
- Understand the requirements of inspection and testing of electrical installations
- Understand the requirements of special installations or locations as identified in BS7671
- Understand the information contained within the appendices of BS7671
Course and exam dates
This course can be completed during your own time (23hours approx.) at your convenience once you have registered, paid and enrolled. Exam dates are to be booked from the drop down menu in the CCN Shop and the link to the e-learning package will be sent once you have come in to enrol.
You will need a copy of the book BS7671 - 18th Edition & On Site Guide as it is an open text book exam.
There are no formal entry requirements for candidates undertaking this qualification, however candidates should have a clear understanding of the course content listed prior and is primarily a practising electrician.
You will need a copy of BS7671 - 18th Edition and on site guide.
For further information there is a fact sheet available, which can be sent or emailed to you. Please contact the Advice Shop in the first instance.
Upon successful examination a City & Guilds 2382-18 Level 3 Certificate will be issued.
Please note there is a resit fee of £50
Diploma in Electrical Installations (Buildings and Structures) (QCF) Level 2
Level 2, Part Time, 1 year
HND Construction and the Built Environment (Civil Engineering)
Level 5, Part Time, 3 years
Diploma in Electrical Installations (Buildings and Structures) (QCF) Level 3
Level 3, Part Time, 2 years
Civil Engineering Technician Apprenticeship Level 3 Standard
Level 3, Apprenticeship, 3 years