Digital Photography for Beginners - £70
Tuesday 2nd June 2020
- Tuesday 2nd June 2020, Part Time
We are excited to launch our popular photography course online.
This online photography course will be delivered by our expert tutor using a combination of live chat and demos, PowerPoint presentation, weekly tasks and discussion boards. During this course, you will learn how to master your camera's controls and settings, improve your skills and develop 'a photographer's eye.'
This course combines practical hands-on demo sessions and teaching you the technical skills required to master your camera and set up shots. Alongside this, there will be detailed discussions and examining the work of other well-known photographers so that you are encouraged and inspired to explore the world of photography.
- Week 1 -Getting to grips with your digital camera - Important equipment support posture - Exploring and optimizing basic camera settings - moving on from the auto function
- Week 2 - Exploring Depth of field and focus - Using the aperture priority function - points of focus.
- Week 3 - Exploring Exposure and Light - Kinds of light, controlling exposure, light sources and white balance.
- Week 4 - Exploring Composition - Learning to see creatively - Some composition guidelines.
- Week 5 - Exploring Image processing and using software - Preparation and purpose, filters and converting to black and white.
- Week 6 - The Next Steps - Other hobbies and areas of expertise to incorporate into your photography. Creating images for a profit.
Day: Tuesdays 6.00pm to 8.30pm
Duration: 6 weeks - 02/06/2020 to 07/07/2020
What you will need
- A digital SLR Camera with changeable lenses or a digital bridge camera with a fixed telephoto lens
- A computer with audio and video as this course is interactive with the tutor
Why Our College?
Specialist teaching staff
Our courses are delivered by in-house expert teaching staff and external specialists
Industry standard facilities
Courses are held at our Ipswich Road campus, ensuring you have access to our cutting edge college facilities
A wide range of courses
We offer a wide range of part time and evening courses
No formal entry requirements
After completing this course you should be able to take photographs with confidence by understanding how your digital camera works and how its settings and controls can be optimised by you to take the images you want. You should be able to achieve better results by understanding the importance of having the essential equipment, preparation and post-processing skills.
No formal progression.
Please note that courses may be cancelled if minimum numbers are not met. Please be aware that if you are no longer able to attend your course you will be offered an alternative date where available, however no refunds are available unless this course is cancelled by City College Norwich.