The professional development of teaching, coaching and mentoring staff at City College Norwich is undertaken by a group of highly experienced practitioners, dedicated to improving the skills and confidence of practitioners.
The Professional Development Team’s mission statement is: To support, guide and develop all the processes which drive up the quality of teaching, learning and assessment, thereby ensuring that all students have the best learning experience possible.
Level 4 Award in Internal Quality Assurance (IQA)
Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training
Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training
This is done through:
• Supporting and training new teachers.
• Developing assessment and verification practice.
• Review of teaching, learning and assessment, with developmental feedback.
• Supporting individuals and groups of staff to continuously develop.
• Coaching and mentoring.
• Challenging and extending staff’s expertise.
• Modelling best practice.
• Supporting the development of e-learning.