What is an Apprenticeship?
Apprenticeships provide the perfect route for learning practical, on-the-job skills, as well as furthering your education and gaining a formal qualification, all while earning a salary.
Am I eligible for an Apprenticeship?
Apprenticeships are open to all age groups above 16 years-old whether just leaving school, been working for years or are seeking to start a new career. Applicants need to be living in England and not taking part in full-time education.
Will I need to attend College?
Apprenticeship qualifications are delivered in the workplace or in the college. Here at City College Norwich we work closely with employers to deliver training both on and off the job. Alongside attending day release sessions at College, you’ll undertake training and development with a mentor in the workplace. You will also be supported by one of our tutor assessors throughout your course
Do I get paid?
Yes. You will be given a contract of employment by your employer and will be paid at the Apprenticeship wage. You can view the minimum Apprenticeship wage here. if you are under 19 or aged 19 or over and in the first year of your apprenticeship. Thereafter, if you are aged 19 or over the national minimum wage for your age applies. However, employers have the option to pay more than this.
What do I do if I already have an employer?
Many of our apprentices come to us after having found a local employer that wants to employ them as an apprentice. If you do this, simply apply with the details of your employer and we will contact them to get you into your Apprenticeship as quickly as possible.
What if I don’t have an employer?
If you do not already have an employer you can;
- Look in local papers and search employer websites for vacancies.
- Ask family and friends if they know of any employers who might be interested in taking you on.
- Visit employers’ organisations, to ask them directly if they might have a suitable vacancy.
How do I apply?
There are two ways to start your Apprenticeship journey with us.
1. Choose an Apprenticeship from our list of courses. When clicked on, each of our Apprenticeships has an "apply here" which will take you to our college application form.
It is worth remembering once you've followed the instructions, completed and submitted your application, you will still need to find a suitable employer for your Apprenticeship before you can enrol. If you are still in full time education then you can apply like this before you finish your course or exams.
2. Apply directly to our current Apprenticeship vacancies. These are employers looking to hire an apprentice right now and you can apply directly online.
If you already have an employer then please apply using our college application form and let us know your employer details, we will then contact your employer to setup your Apprenticeship training.
We hold many Apprenticeship evenings over the course of the year. Come and visit us to ask any questions and see our range of employers looking for an apprentice!
For further information contact our Advisors on 01603 773607 or our Apprenticeship team on 01603 773365 or email@example.com
- You can view the minimum Apprenticeship wage at https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates