Team Leader Apprenticeship Level 3 Standard
- February 2020, Apprenticeship
A Team Leader/Supervisor is a first line management role, with operational/project responsibilities or responsibility for managing a team to deliver a clearly defined outcome. They provide direction, instructions and guidance to ensure the achievement of set goals.
Key responsibilities are likely to include supporting, managing and developing team members, managing projects, planning and monitoring workloads and resources, delivering operational plans, resolving problems, and building relationships internally and externally.
Apprentices will acquire the knowledge and skills and expected to display behaviours as follows:
- Leading and managing people
- Building relationships
- Operational management
- Project management
- Awareness and management of self
- Decision making
- Taking responsibility
- Being inclusive
You will complete the Level 3 Team Leader / Supervisor Apprenticeship Standard.
- This Apprenticeship will involve college attendance and off the job training.
- You will also develop your knowledge, skills and behaviours.
- You need to have an employer to support your Apprenticeship and be employed in a relevant job role.
- The typical length of this Apprenticeship course is 18-24 months.
- This course starts in January 2020.
Contact our Apprenticeship Team to find out when our next course start date is.
If you already have an employer for your Apprenticeship, or would like more information on how to find an Apprenticeship, please click Apply Now.
If you are an Employer who is looking to recruit an Apprentice or already have someone you would like to enrol onto the Apprenticeship course, please contact our Apprenticeship Team on 01603 773365 or email EmployerPartnerships@CCN.ac.uk to discuss next steps.
Why Our College?
Get paid to train
Apprenticeships provide fantastic career opportunities and allow you to get a qualification and earn money at the same time
Designed for opportunity
94% of apprentices stay in work after finishing an apprenticeship, and 47% have received a promotion
Hands on learning
We work closely with employers to deliver training both on and off the job. In most cases, you’ll come into college one day a week, as well as getting planned training and development with a mentor in the workplace
- Level 2 Functional skills in Maths and English or equivalent GCSEs
- In order to enrol onto an Apprenticeship you need to be employed in a relevant job role and undertake a range of tasks which would enable you to complete the Apprenticeship qualification.
If a potential apprentice does not currently meet these requirements, they will need to attend additional Functional Skills English and Maths sessions.
Addition day required in college for Functional Skills Maths, English and ICT if not already achieved or needed to up-skill, delivered on the monthly Masterclass day.
For the full Apprenticeship, learners will complete:
- Level 3 Apprenticeship in Team Leading Supervisor
- Level 2 Functional Skills in English
- Level 2 Functional Skills in Maths
No formal objectives
Training and assessments are delivered in the workplace and in college. Apprentices will be required to attend college-based sessions as part of their training, whilst also completing off-the-job training in the workplace. You will also complete assessments and observations in the workplace.
You will need to complete Level 2 Maths and English before End Point Assessment.
At the end of the Apprenticeship you will complete an End Point Assessment which will comprise of:
- Assessment of knowledge though a test (using scenarios and questions)
- Assessment of competency through competency based interview
- Portfolio of evidence (showing how knowledge, skills and behaviours have been applied)
- Continued professional development log (showing how learning was applied to their role)
Progression onto a Higher Apprenticeship - Level 5 Operations/Department Manager Apprenticeship Standard; Level 6 Chartered Manager Degree Apprenticeship.
On completion, apprentices may choose to register as Associate members with the Chartered Management Institute and/or the Institute of Leadership & Management, to support their professional career development and progression.
Apprenticeship course fees are subject to the age of the apprentice, the payroll of the employer and the number of employees. Course fees are paid by the employer and not the apprentice. Employers who take on an apprentice aged between 16-18 years old, or with an Educational Health Care Plan, will receive an Incentive Payment to help cover their costs. To discuss Apprenticeship course fees, employers should contact the Apprenticeship Team on 0800 328 3616 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information on recruiting an apprentice or if you would like to train your existing staff please contact our Apprenticeship Team on 0800 328 3616 or email email@example.com
Assistant Accountant Apprenticeship Level 3 Standard
Level 3, Apprenticeship, 2 years
Insurance Practitioner Apprenticeship Level 3 Standard
Level 3, Apprenticeship, 2 years
HR Support Apprenticeship Level 3 Standard
Level 3, Apprenticeship, from 2 years
Business Administrator Apprenticeship Level 3 Standard
Level 3, Apprenticeship, from 1 year