Infrastructure Technician Apprenticeship Level 3
Multiple - see below
- April 2020, Apprenticeship
- September 2020, Apprenticeship
An Infrastructure Technician provides support to internal and external customers, helping them to be productive when using technology to do their own jobs, by using tools to problem solve and trouble shoot non-routine problems. The Infrastructure Technician sets people up on systems and provides support when they need it, rectifying issues to maintain the organisations productivity.
Course Content includes:
- Five knowledge modules: networking, mobile & operating systems, cloud services, coding and logic, business processes
- Competence projects: IT security, remote infrastructure, problem s
- Workflow management: works flexibly and demonstrates the ability to work under
pressure to progress allocated tasks in accordance with the organisation’s reporting
and quality systems
- Working knowledge of a range of cabling and connectivity, the various types of antennas and wireless systems, IT test equipment
- Understands the similarities, differences and benefits of the current Operating Systems available
- Logical and creative thinking skills
You will complete the Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Apprenticeship Standard.
- This Apprenticeship will involve college attendance and off the job training.
- You will also develop your knowledge, skills and behaviours.
- You need to have an employer to support your Apprenticeship and be employed in a relevant job role.
- The typical length of this Apprenticeship course is 12 months.
- This course has multiple start dates throughout the year.
Contact our Apprenticeship Team to find out when our next course start date is.
If you already have an employer for your Apprenticeship, or would like more information on how to find an Apprenticeship, please click Apply Now.
If you are an Employer who is looking to recruit an Apprentice or already have someone you would like to enrol onto the Apprenticeship course, please contact our Apprenticeship Team on 01603 773365 or email Apprenticeships@ccn.ac.uk to discuss next steps.
Why Our College?
Get paid to train
Apprenticeships provide fantastic career opportunities and allow you to get a qualification and earn money at the same time
Designed for opportunity
94% of apprentices stay in work after finishing an apprenticeship, and 47% have received a promotion
Hands on learning
We work closely with employers to deliver training both on and off the job. In most cases, you’ll come into college one day a week, as well as getting planned training and development with a mentor in the workplace
- Individual employers will set the selection criteria, but this is likely to include 5 GCSEs (especially English, mathematics and a science or technology subject); other relevant qualifications and experience; or an aptitude test with a focus on IT skills.
- In order to enrol onto an Apprenticeship, you need to be employed in a relevant job role and undertake a range of tasks which would enable you to complete the Apprenticeship qualification.
For the full Apprenticeship, learners will complete:
- Level 3 Diploma in Infrastructure Technician
- Level 2 Functional Skills in Mathematics, English and Information and Communications Technology
You will learn about your rights and responsibilities as an employee and those of the employer with guidance from your work based assessor.
Training and assessments are delivered in the workplace and in college. Apprentices will be required to attend college-based sessions as part of their training, whilst also completing off-the-job training in the workplace. You will also complete competency-based projects in the workplace, with your college mentor's guidance and support.
You will need to complete Level 2 Maths and English before End Point Assessment.
At the end of the Apprenticeship you will complete an End Point Assessment which will comprise of:
- A synoptic project, based on a scenario and completed within 40 hours over a period of 2 weeks in the workplace
- A 2-hour online interview with an awarding body representative
Progression onto a Higher Apprenticeship or a higher level of study or employment. This apprenticeship is recognised for entry onto the Register of IT Technicians upon confirming an appropriate SFIA level 3 professional competence and those completing the apprenticeship would then be eligible to apply for registration.
Career or academic progression may include continuation, development or promotion at work or within the business sector, progression onto a Level 4 Apprenticeship or higher education.
April 2020, Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship course fees are subject to the age of the apprentice, the payroll of the employer and the number of employees. Course fees are paid by the employer and not the apprentice. Employers who take on an apprentice aged between 16-18 years old, or with an Educational Health Care Plan, will receive an Incentive Payment to help cover their costs. To discuss Apprenticeship course fees, employers should contact the Apprenticeship Team on 0800 328 3616 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information on recruiting an apprentice or if you would like to train your existing staff please contact our Employer Partnerships Team on 0800 328 3616 or email Apprenticeships@ccn.ac.uk
September 2020, Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship course fees are subject to the age of the apprentice, the payroll of the employer and the number of employees. Course fees are paid by the employer and not the apprentice. Employers who take on an apprentice aged between 16-18 years old, or with an Educational Health Care Plan, will receive an Incentive Payment to help cover their costs. To discuss Apprenticeship course fees, employers should contact the Apprenticeship Team on 0800 328 3616 or email Apprenticeships@ccn.ac.uk.
For more information on recruiting an apprentice or if you would like to train your existing staff please contact our Employer Partnerships Team on 0800 328 3616 or email Apprenticeships@ccn.ac.uk
Digital Marketer Apprenticeship Level 3 Standard
Level 3, Apprenticeship, 2 years
Data Analyst Apprenticeship Level 4 Standard
Level 4, Apprenticeship, 2 years
T Level: Digital Production, Design and Development Level 3
Level 3, Full Time, 2 years
First Diploma in Information Technology, Level 2
Level 2, Full Time, 1 year