Hospitality Team Member Apprenticeship Level 2 Standard
- August 2019, Apprenticeship
A hospitality team member can work in a range of establishments, for example bars, restaurants, cafés, conference centres, banqueting venues, hotels or contract caterers. The role is very varied and although hospitality team members tend to specialise in an area, they need to be adaptable and ready to support team members across the business, for example during busy periods.
Specialist areas in hospitality include food and beverage service, serving alcoholic beverages, barista, food preparation, housekeeping, concierge and guest services, reception, reservations and conference and banqueting.
Course Content includes:
• Customer service and communication
• Take feedback from customers to improve and support brand standards
• Know the product and actively promote products and services
• Know how to support and influence the team members
• Contribute to meetings, planning shifts and assist in the monitoring of standards to help ensure quality is maintained
You will complete the Level 2 Hospitality Team Member Apprenticeship Standard.
• This Apprenticeship will involve college attendance and off the job training.
• You will also develop your knowledge, skills and behaviours.
• You need to have an employer to support your Apprenticeship and be employed in a relevant job role.
• The typical length of this Apprenticeship course is 12-18 months.
• This course has multiple start dates throughout the year.
Contact our Apprenticeship Team to find out when our next course start date is.
If you already have an employer for your Apprenticeship, or would like more information on how to find an Apprenticeship, please click Apply Now.
If you are an Employer who is looking to recruit an Apprentice or already have someone you would like to enrol onto the Apprenticeship course, please contact our Apprenticeship Team on 01603 773365 or email EmployerPartnerships@CCN.ac.uk to discuss next steps.
• Appropriate job role; Level 1 Functional Skills Maths and English or equivalent
• In order to enrol onto an Apprenticeship, you need to be employed in a relevant job role and undertake a range of tasks which would enable you to complete the Apprenticeship qualification.
For the full Apprenticeship, learners will complete:
• Level 2 Hospitality Team Member Apprenticeship Standard
• Level 1 Functional Skills in English
• Level 1 Functional Skills in Maths
Training and assessments are delivered in the workplace and in college. Apprentices will be required to attend college-based sessions as part of their training, whilst also completing off-the-job training in the workplace. You will also complete assessments and observations in the workplace.
Apprentices without level Level 1 English and Maths will need to achieve this level and take the test for Level 2 English and Maths prior to taking the End Point Assessment
At the end of the Apprenticeship you will complete an End Point Assessment which will comprise of:
• On demand test
• Practical observation
• Business project
• Professional discussion
On successful completion you could progress onto a Level 3 Hospitality Leadership and Supervision Apprenticeship. Alternatively, you could progress further through study of other qualifications or courses.
Progression from this apprenticeship is expected to be onto a hospitality supervisory or team leading role.
Apprenticeship course fees are subject to the age of the apprentice, the payroll of the employer and the number of employees. Course fees are paid by the employer and not the apprentice. Employers who take on an apprentice aged between 16-18 years old, or with an Educational Health Care Plan, will receive an Incentive Payment to help cover their costs. To discuss Apprenticeship course fees, employers should contact the Apprenticeship Team on 0800 328 3616 or email EmployerPartnerships@ccn.ac.uk
For more information on recruiting an apprentice or if you would like to train your existing staff please contact our Apprenticeship Team on 0800 328 3616 or email EmployerPartnerships@ccn.ac.uk
Commis Chef Apprenticeship Level 2 Standard
Level 2, Apprenticeship, 2 years
Production Chef Apprenticeship Standard Level 2
Level 2, Apprenticeship, 1 year
Hospitality Supervisor Apprenticeship Level 3 Standard
Level 3, Apprenticeship, 3 years
Chef de Partie Apprenticeship Level 3 Standard
Level 3, Apprenticeship, 2 years