Hospitality Supervisor Apprenticeship Level 3 Standard
- August 2018, Apprenticeship
Hospitality Supervisors can work across a wide variety of businesses including bars, restaurants, cafes, conference centres, banqueting venues, hotels or contract caterers. They provide vital support to management teams and are capable of independently supervising hospitality services and running shifts.
They typically work under pressure delivering fantastic customer service and motivating a team in essential to their role. Supervisors may specialise in specific functions or work across a variety of function which reflect the multi-functional nature of the industry.
Course Content includes:
• Understand the financial operations of hospitality businesses, know how to source,use financial information relating to own area of work.
• Demonstrate a personal drive to achieve the business values, vision, objectives.
• Know how to select the best methods of communication to motivate and support team members in a hospitality environment.
• Implement sales and marketing strategies and actively support team members to maximise their potential.
You will complete the Level 3 Hospitality Supervisor Apprenticeship Standard.
• This Apprenticeship will involve college attendance and off the job training.
• You will also develop your knowledge, skills and behaviours.
• You need to have an employer to support your Apprenticeship and be employed in a relevant job role.
• The typical length of this Apprenticeship course is 12-18 months.
• This course has multiple start dates throughout the year.
Contact our Apprenticeship Team to find out when our next course start date is.
If you already have an employer for your Apprenticeship, or would like more information on how to find an Apprenticeship, please click Apply Now.
If you are an Employer who is looking to recruit an Apprentice or already have someone you would like to enrol onto the Apprenticeship course, please contact our Apprenticeship Team on 01603 773365 or email EmployerPartnerships@CCN.ac.uk to discuss next steps.
• Level 2 Maths and English preferred
• In order to enrol onto an Apprenticeship, you need to be employed in a relevant job role and undertake a range of tasks which would enable you to complete the Apprenticeship qualification.
For the full Apprenticeship, learners will complete:
• Level 3 Hospitality Supervisor Apprenticeship Standard
• Level 2 Functional Skills in English
• Level 2 Functional Skills in Maths
Training and assessments are delivered in the workplace and in college. Apprentices will be required to attend college-based sessions as part of their training, whilst also completing off-the-job training in the workplace. You will also complete assessments and observations in the workplace.
You will need to complete Level 2 Maths and English before End Point Assessment.
At the end of the Apprenticeship you will complete an End Point Assessment which will comprise of:
• On Demand Test
• Practical Observation
• Business Project
• Professional Discussion
On successful completion you could progress onto a Level 4 Hospitality Manager Apprenticeship. Alternatively, you could progress further through study of other qualifications or business-related courses.
Progression from this apprenticeship could be into a hospitality management position.
Apprenticeship course fees are subject to the age of the apprentice, the payroll of the employer and the number of employees. Course fees are paid by the employer and not the apprentice. Employers who take on an apprentice aged between 16-18 years old, or with an Educational Health Care Plan, will receive an Incentive Payment to help cover their costs. To discuss Apprenticeship course fees, employers should contact the Apprenticeship Team on 0800 328 3616 or email EmployerPartnerships@ccn.ac.uk
For more information on recruiting an apprentice or if you would like to train your existing staff please contact our Apprenticeship Team on 0800 328 3616 or email EmployerPartnerships@ccn.ac.uk
Chef de Partie Apprenticeship Level 3 Standard
Level 3, Apprenticeship, 2 years
Hospitality Team Member Apprenticeship Level 2 Standard
Level 2, Apprenticeship, 2 years
Commis Chef Apprenticeship Level 2 Standard
Level 2, Apprenticeship, 2 years
Production Chef Apprenticeship Standard Level 2
Level 2, Apprenticeship, 1 year