Digital Marketer Apprenticeship Level 3 Standard
- August 2019, Apprenticeship
The primary role of a Digital Marketer is to define, design, build and implement digital campaigns across a variety of online and social media platforms to drive customer acquisition, customer engagement and customer retention. A Digital Marketer will typically be working as part of a team, in which they will have responsibility for some of the straightforward elements of the overall marketing plan or campaign. The marketer will work to marketing briefs and instructions. They will normally report to a digital marketing manager, a marketing manager or an IT Manager.
Course Content includes:
Technical Competence Development:
• Cross-technology working including choice and application of solutions.
• Using on-line and social media platforms to respond to customer queries
Technical Knowledge and Understanding:
• Principles of coding
• How digital platforms integrate in to the working environment
Underpinning Skills, Attitudes and Behaviours:
• Ability to communicate confidently and effectively in a variety of situations
• Logical and creative thinking skills
You will complete the Level 3 Digital Marketer Apprenticeship Standard.
• This Apprenticeship will involve college attendance and off the job training.
• You will also develop your knowledge, skills and behaviours.
• You need to have an employer to support your Apprenticeship and be employed in a relevant job role.
• The typical length of this Apprenticeship course is 18 months.
• This course starts in September 2019.
Contact our Apprenticeship Team to find out when our next course start date is.
If you already have an employer for your Apprenticeship, or would like more information on how to find an Apprenticeship, please click Apply Now.
If you are an Employer who is looking to recruit an Apprentice or already have someone you would like to enrol onto the Apprenticeship course, please contact our Apprenticeship Team on 01603 773365 or email EmployerPartnerships@CCN.ac.uk to discuss next steps.
Individual employers will set the selection criteria, but this might include
• Level 2 Maths & English functional Skills (or equivalent GCSE),
• Level 2 apprenticeship or other relevant qualifications in creative and/or digital disciplines;
• Relevant experience and/or an aptitude test with a focus on functional maths.
• Proven passion for digital and social media.
• In order to enrol onto an Apprenticeship, you need to be employed in a relevant job role and undertake a range of tasks which would enable you to complete the Apprenticeship qualification.
If a potential apprentice does not currently meet these requirements, they will need to attend additional Functional Skills English and Maths sessions.
For the full Apprenticeship, learners will complete:
• Level 3 Digital Marketer Apprenticeship Standard
• Principles of Coding
• Marketing Principles or Vendor Qualification
• Digital Marketing Business Principle or Vendor Qualification
• Level 2 Functional Skills in English
• Level 2 Functional Skills in Maths
Training and assessments are delivered in the workplace and in college. Apprentices will be required to attend college-based sessions as part of their training, whilst also completing off-the-job training in the workplace. You will also complete assessments and observations in the workplace.
You will need to complete Level 2 Maths and English before End Point Assessment.
At the end of the Apprenticeship you will complete an End Point Assessment which will comprise of:
1. Employer reference
2. Summative portfolio from real-life work projects
3. Synoptic Project – typically 4 working days assessment in controlled environment
4. Interview with independent assessor on 1-3 of above.
Upon successful completion of this Apprenticeship programme, apprentices can apply for registration with the Register of IT Technicians, as well as, access to join as an Affiliate (Professional) member of the CIM (Chartered Institute of Marketing) and/or Associate membership of BCS.
Workplace progression or Higher Education.
Apprenticeship course fees are subject to the age of the apprentice, the payroll of the employer and the number of employees. Course fees are paid by the employer and not the apprentice. Employers who take on an apprentice aged between 16-18 years old, or with an Educational Health Care Plan, will receive an Incentive Payment to help cover their costs. To discuss Apprenticeship course fees, employers should contact the Apprenticeship Team on 0800 328 3616 or email EmployerPartnerships@ccn.ac.uk
For more information on recruiting an apprentice or if you would like to train your existing staff please contact our Apprenticeship Team on 0800 328 3616 or email EmployerPartnerships@ccn.ac.uk