Data Analyst Apprenticeship Level 4 Standard
- February 2021, Apprenticeship
The primary role of a Data Analyst is to collect, organise and study data to provide business insight. Data analysts are typically involved with managing, cleansing, abstracting and aggregating data, and conducting a range of analytical studies on that data. They work across a variety of projects, providing technical data solutions to a range of stakeholders/customers issues.
Course Content includes:
- Underpinning Skills, Attitudes & Behaviours
- Logical and creative thinking skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and to take responsibility
- Can use own initiative
- A thorough and organised approach
- Ability to work with a range of internal and external people
- Ability to communicate effectively in a variety of situations
- Maintain productive, professional and secure working environment
- Data Analysis Tools or EMC: Data Science associate
Data Analysis Concepts
You will complete the Level 4 Data Analyst Apprenticeship Standard.
- This Apprenticeship will involve college attendance and off the job training.
- You will also develop your knowledge, skills and behaviours.
- You need to have an employer to support your Apprenticeship and be employed in a relevant job role.
- The typical length of this Apprenticeship course is 24 months.
Contact our Apprenticeship Team to find out when our next course start date is.
If you already have an employer for your Apprenticeship, or would like more information on how to find an Apprenticeship, please click Apply Now.
If you are an Employer who is looking to recruit an Apprentice or already have someone you would like to enrol onto the Apprenticeship course, please contact our Apprenticeship Team on 01603 773365 or email Apprenticeships@ccn.ac.uk to discuss next steps.
Why Our College?
Get paid to train
Apprenticeships provide fantastic career opportunities and allow you to get a qualification and earn money at the same time
Designed for opportunity
94% of apprentices stay in work after finishing an apprenticeship, and 47% have received a promotion
Hands on learning
We work closely with employers to deliver training both on and off the job. In most cases, you’ll come into college one day a week, as well as getting planned training and development with a mentor in the workplace
Individual employers will set the selection criteria, but this is likely to include Level 2 Math & English functional Skills; a relevant level 3 apprenticeship / level 3 digital qualification or relevant work experience.
Addition day required in college for Functional Skills Maths, English and ICT if not already achieved or needed to up-skill, delivered on the monthly Masterclass day.
Role and occupations available can include Data Analyst, Data Manager, Data Scientist, Data Modeller, Data Architect, Data Engineer
For the full Apprenticeship, candidates will complete:
- Level 4 Data Analyst Apprenticeship Standard
- Level 2 Functional Skills in English
- Level 2 Functional Skills in Maths
This apprenticeship is recognised for entry onto the Register of IT Technicians confirming SFIA level 3 professional competence and those completing the apprenticeship are eligible to apply for registration
You will learn about your rights and responsibilities as an employee and those of the employer with guidance from your work based assessor.
Training and assessments are delivered in the workplace and in college. Apprentices will be required to attend college-based sessions as part of their training, whilst also completing off-the-job training in the workplace. You will also complete assessments and observations in the workplace.
You will need to complete Level 2 Maths and English before End Point Assessment.
At the end of the Apprenticeship you will complete an End Point Assessment which will comprise of:
- Employer reference based on knowledge, skills and behaviours
- Summative Portfolio providing evidence against the totality of the standard
- Synoptic Project – please note this requires a week out of the workplace towards the end of the apprenticeship
- Interview with independent end point assessor
Data Scientist; work place progression
Career or academic progression may include continuation, development or promotion at work or within the business sector, progression onto an Advanced Apprenticeship, Higher Apprenticeship or higher education.
Apprenticeship course fees are subject to the age of the apprentice, the payroll of the employer and the number of employees. Course fees are paid by the employer and not the apprentice. Employers who take on an apprentice aged between 16-18 years old, or with an Educational Health Care Plan, will receive an Incentive Payment to help cover their costs. To discuss Apprenticeship course fees, employers should contact the Apprenticeship Team on 0800 328 3616 or email Apprenticeships@ccn.ac.uk.
For more information on recruiting an apprentice or if you would like to train your existing staff please contact our Employer Partnerships Team on 0800 328 3616 or email Apprenticeships@ccn.ac.uk
Infrastructure Technician Apprenticeship Level 3
Level 3, Apprenticeship, 2 years
Digital Marketer Apprenticeship Level 3 Standard
Level 3, Apprenticeship, from 2 years
T Level: Data Technician Level 3
Level 3, Full Time, 2 years
T Level: Digital Infrastructure Level 3
Level 3, Full Time, 2 years