Customer Service Practitioner Apprenticeship Level 2 Standard
- August 2019, Apprenticeship
The role of a customer service practitioner is to deliver high quality products and services to the customers of their organisation.
Your core responsibility will be to provide a high-quality service to customers which will be delivered from the workplace, digitally, or through going out into the customer’s own locality. These may be one-off or routine contacts and include dealing with orders, payments, offering advice, guidance and support, meet-and-greet, sales, fixing problems, after care, service recovery or gaining insight through measuring customer satisfaction. You may be the first point of contact and work in any sector or organisation type.
Your actions will influence the customer experience and their satisfaction with your organisation. You will demonstrate excellent customer service skills and behaviours as well as product and/or service knowledge when delivering to your customers. You provide service in line with the organisation’s customer service standards.
You will complete the Level 2 Customer Service Practitioner Apprenticeship Standard.
• This Apprenticeship will involve college attendance and off the job training.
• You will also develop your knowledge, skills and behaviours.
• You need to have an employer to support your Apprenticeship and be employed in a relevant job role.
• The typical length of this Apprenticeship course is 12-18 months.
• This course has multiple start dates throughout the year.
Contact our Apprenticeship Team to find out when our next course start date is.
If you already have an employer for your Apprenticeship, or would like more information on how to find an Apprenticeship, please click Apply Now.
If you are an Employer who is looking to recruit an Apprentice or already have someone you would like to enrol onto the Apprenticeship course, please contact our Apprenticeship Team on 01603 773365 or email EmployerPartnerships@CCN.ac.uk to discuss next steps.
• Individual employers will set the selection criteria, but this will usually include GCSEs at grade 4 or C and above in Maths and English and may involve an IT task often based around the use of MS Office.
• In order to enrol onto an Apprenticeship, you need to be employed in a relevant job role and undertake a range of tasks which would enable you to complete the Apprenticeship qualification.
For the full Apprenticeship, candidates will complete:
• Level 2 Customer Service Practitioner Apprenticeship Standard
• Level 1 Functional Skills in English
• Level 1 Functional Skills in Maths
Training and assessments are delivered in the workplace and in college. Apprentices will be required to attend college-based sessions as part of their training, whilst also completing off-the-job training in the workplace. You will also complete assessments and observations in the workplace.
You will need to complete Level 1 Maths and English before End Point Assessment.
At the end of the Apprenticeship you will complete an End Point Assessment which will comprise of:
1. Apprenticeship showcase (65%)
2. Practical observation (20%)
3. Professional Discussion (15%)
On successful completion you could progress further through study of other qualifications or business-related courses.
Upon successful completion of this Apprenticeship programme, apprentices will be able to join the Institute of Customer Service as an Individual member at Professional level.
Workplace progression to management or senior support roles.
Apprenticeship course fees are subject to the age of the apprentice, the payroll of the employer and the number of employees. Course fees are paid by the employer and not the apprentice. Employers who take on an apprentice aged between 16-18 years old, or with an Educational Health Care Plan, will receive an Incentive Payment to help cover their costs. To discuss Apprenticeship course fees, employers should contact the Apprenticeship Team on 0800 328 3616 or email email@example.com.
For more information on recruiting an apprentice or if you would like to train your existing staff please contact our Employer Partnerships Team on 0800 328 3616 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Business Administration Level 2
Level 2, Apprenticeship, 2 years
Accounting Apprenticeship Level 2
Level 2, Apprenticeship, 1 year
Team Leader Apprenticeship Level 3 Standard
Level 3, Apprenticeship, 2 years
Insurance Practitioner Apprenticeship Level 3 Standard
Level 3, Apprenticeship, 2 years