Chef de Partie Apprenticeship Level 3 Standard
- August 2019, Apprenticeship
A Chef de Partie is responsible for running a specific section of the kitchen. This type of chef usually manages a small team of workers, which they must keep organised so that dishes go out on time and the work area remains clean and orderly. However, in smaller kitchens a chef de partie may work independently as the only person in their section. Also known as a station or section chef, the chef de partie reports to the senior chef and has a very important role in any kitchen.
Course Content includes:
• Industry and food trends, customer preferences and environmental factors that influence dishes and menus.
• Food safety practices and procedures to ensure safe preparation and cooking of food.
• How to work with people from a wide range of backgrounds and cultures
• Understand the principles of supply chain management
• Brief, coach and motivate others to produce high quality dishes and menu items which are delivered on time and to standard.
• Advocate the importance of working safely and legally in the best interest of all people.
You will complete Level 3 Chef de Partie as part of this Apprenticeship.
• This Apprenticeship will involve college attendance and off the job training.
• You will also develop your knowledge, skills and behaviours.
• You need to have an employer to support your Apprenticeship and be employed in a relevant job role.
• The typical length of this Apprenticeship course is 12-18 months.
Contact our Apprenticeship Team to find out when our next course start date is.
If you already have an employer for your Apprenticeship, or would like more information on how to find an Apprenticeship, please click Apply Now.
If you are an Employer who is looking to recruit an Apprentice or already have someone you would like to enrol onto the Apprenticeship course, please contact our Apprenticeship Team on 01603 773365 or email EmployerPartnerships@CCN.ac.uk to discuss next steps.
• Level 1 and or Level 2 Functional Skills or equivalent
• Appropriate job role with responsibility for running a specific section of the kitchen and may be managing a small team of staff.
• In order to enrol onto an Apprenticeship, you need to be employed in a relevant job role and undertake a range of tasks which would enable you to complete the Apprenticeship qualification.
For the full Apprenticeship, candidates will complete:
• Level 3 Business Administrator Apprenticeship Standard
• Level 2 Functional Skills in English
• Level 2 Functional Skills in Maths
Training and assessments are delivered in the workplace and in college. Apprentices will be required to attend college-based sessions as part of their training, whilst also completing off-the-job training in the workplace. You will also complete assessments and observations in the workplace.
You will need to complete Level 2 Maths and English before End Point Assessment.
At the end of the Apprenticeship you will complete an End Point Assessment which will comprise of:
Parts 1 – 3 can be competed in any order
1. 120 minute multiple choice test
2. 4 hour Practical observation
3. Culinary challenge project and observation
On completion of parts 1-3:
4. 90 minute professional discussion with independent end point assessor.
On successful completion you could progress further through study of other qualifications or business-related courses.
Progression from this apprenticeship is expected to be into a senior culinary chef role.
Apprenticeship course fees are subject to the age of the apprentice, the payroll of the employer and the number of employees. Course fees are paid by the employer and not the apprentice. Employers who take on an apprentice aged between 16-18 years old, or with an Educational Health Care Plan, will receive an Incentive Payment to help cover their costs. To discuss Apprenticeship course fees, employers should contact the Apprenticeship Team on 0800 328 3616 or email EmployerPartnerships@ccn.ac.uk
For more information on recruiting an apprentice or if you would like to train your existing staff please contact our Apprenticeship Team on 0800 328 3616 or email EmployerPartnerships@ccn.ac.uk
Hospitality Supervisor Apprenticeship Level 3 Standard
Level 3, Apprenticeship, 3 years
Hospitality Team Member Apprenticeship Level 2 Standard
Level 2, Apprenticeship, 2 years
Commis Chef Apprenticeship Level 2 Standard
Level 2, Apprenticeship, 2 years
Production Chef Apprenticeship Standard Level 2
Level 2, Apprenticeship, 1 year