Business Administration Level 2
- January 2020, Apprenticeship
This Level 2 Apprenticeship is designed for people working within an administrative support role. Job roles might include Administration Assistant, Receptionist, Office Assistant, Business Administrator, and more.
These roles involve providing operational support within the organisation and to colleagues, including processing paperwork, maintaining databases, dealing with calls and enquiries, filing, and organising records.
Course Content includes:
- Communication in a business environment
- Principles of administrative services
- Managing information and producing documentation
- Managing personal performance and development
- Developing working relationships
- Planning and organisation
- Utilising IT systems and software
You will complete BIIAB Level 2 Diploma in Business Administration as part of this Apprenticeship.
- This Apprenticeship will involve college attendance and off the job training.
- You will also develop your knowledge, skills and behaviours.
- You need to have an employer to support your Apprenticeship and be employed in a relevant job role.
- The typical length of this Apprenticeship course is 12-18 months.
- This course has multiple start dates throughout the year.
Contact our Apprenticeship Team to find out when our next course start date is.
If you already have an employer for your Apprenticeship, or would like more information on how to find an Apprenticeship, please click Apply Now.
If you are an Employer who is looking to recruit an Apprentice or already have someone you would like to enrol onto the Apprenticeship course, please contact our Apprenticeship Team on 01603 773365 or email EmployerPartnerships@CCN.ac.uk to discuss next steps.
Why Our College?
Get paid to train
Apprenticeships provide fantastic career opportunities and allow you to get a qualification and earn money at the same time
Designed for opportunity
94% of apprentices stay in work after finishing an apprenticeship, and 47% have received a promotion
Hands on learning
We work closely with employers to deliver training both on and off the job. In most cases, you’ll come into college one day a week, as well as getting planned training and development with a mentor in the workplace
- There are no formal entry requirements, however you should ideally have a good level of basic Maths and English.
- In order to enrol onto an Apprenticeship, you need to be employed in a relevant job role and undertake a range of tasks which would enable you to complete the Apprenticeship qualification.
Role and occupations available can include Business Administrator; Business Adviser; Business Assistant; Office Support Assistant; Team Support Assistant; Administrative Assistant; Executive Assistant; Business Co-ordinator; Office Co-ordinator.
For the full Apprenticeship, candidates will complete:
- Level 3 Business Administrator Apprenticeship Standard
- Level 2 Functional Skills in English
- Level 2 Functional Skills in Maths
You will learn about your rights and responsibilities as an employee and those of the employer with guidance from your work based assessor.
Training and assessments are delivered in the workplace and in college. Apprentices will be required to attend college-based sessions as part of their training, whilst also completing off-the-job training in the workplace. You will also complete assessments and observations in the workplace.
Assessment is via a variety of methods, including:
- Case studies
- Practical assessments
On successful completion you could progress onto a Level 3 Apprenticeship, including the Level 3 Business Administrator Apprenticeship Standard. Alternatively, you could progress further through study of other qualifications or business-related courses.
Career or academic progression may include continuation, development or promotion at work or within the business sector, progression onto an Advanced Apprenticeship, Higher Apprenticeship or higher education.
Apprenticeship course fees are subject to the age of the apprentice, the payroll of the employer and the number of employees. Course fees are paid by the employer and not the apprentice. Employers who take on an apprentice aged between 16-18 years old, or with an Educational Health Care Plan, will receive an Incentive Payment to help cover their costs. To discuss Apprenticeship course fees, employers should contact the Apprenticeship Team on 0800 328 3616 or email email@example.com. For more information on recruiting an apprentice or if you would like to train your existing staff please contact our Employer Partnerships Team on 0800 328 3616 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Customer Service Practitioner Apprenticeship Level 2 Standard
Level 2, Apprenticeship, 2 years
Accounting Apprenticeship Level 2
Level 2, Apprenticeship, 1 year
Team Leader Apprenticeship Level 3 Standard
Level 3, Apprenticeship, 2 years
Insurance Practitioner Apprenticeship Level 3 Standard
Level 3, Apprenticeship, 2 years