Assistant Accountant Apprenticeship Level 3 Standard
- September 2020, Apprenticeship
An Assistant Accountant provides support to internal and external customers and will work predominately either as an assistant accountant within practice or alternatively within the finance function of an organisation. Part of their role will involve assisting in the day to day financial activities such as data entry to month end management accounts and/or year-end financial statements. In addition the Assistant Accountant may find themselves involved in regulatory financial requirements such as the completion of VAT returns or assisting in the preparation of tax computations.
Course Content includes:
- Understands the transactional processes and support provided by accountancy firms or the accounting function within an organisation.
- Understands how to enter accounting transactions, perform a reconciliation, correct errors and produce a range of reports using a computerised accounting system.
- Understands the relevant Ethical Standards to protect their own and their organisations professional reputation and integrity.
You will complete Level 3 Assistant Accountant Apprenticeship as part of this Apprenticeship.
- This Apprenticeship will involve college attendance and off the job training.
- You will also develop your knowledge, skills and behaviours.
- You need to have an employer to support your Apprenticeship and be employed in a relevant job role.
- The typical length of this Apprenticeship course is 18 months.
- This course starts in September.
Contact our Apprenticeship Team to discuss our next course start date.
If you already have an employer for your Apprenticeship, or would like more information on how to find an Apprenticeship, please click Apply Now.
If you are an Employer who is looking to recruit an Apprentice or already have someone you would like to enrol onto the Apprenticeship course, please contact our Apprenticeship Team on 01603 773365 or email Apprenticeships@ccn.ac.uk to discuss next steps.
Why Our College?
Designed for opportunity
94% of apprentices stay in work after finishing an apprenticeship, and 47% have received a promotion
Get paid to train
Apprenticeships provide fantastic career opportunities and allow you to get a qualification and earn money at the same time
Hands on learning
We work closely with employers to deliver training both on and off the job. In most cases, you’ll come into college one day a week, as well as getting planned training and development with a mentor in the workplace
- Employer requirements
- GCSE grades 9 – 5 (A – C) in English and Maths
- Or equivalent Functional Skills qualifications
- Applicants will also need to hold Level 2 AAT or Level 2 AAT Bookkeeping in order to enrol onto this Level 3 Apprenticeship course.
- In order to enrol onto an Apprenticeship, you need to be employed in a relevant job role and undertake a range of tasks which would enable you to complete the Apprenticeship qualification.
If a potential apprentice does not currently meet these requirements, they will need to attend additional Functional Skills English and Maths sessions.
For the full Apprenticeship, candidates will complete:
- Level 3 Assistant Accounting Apprenticeship Standard
- Level 2 Functional Skills in English
- Level 2 Functional Skills in Maths
No formal objectives
Apprentices without English or Maths at Level 2 must achieve this prior to taking the end point assessment.
Once on-programme learner journey has been completed:
- Synoptic end-test (3 hrs, on PC, at set points) – covering knowledge and skills gained throughout
- Portfolio – with range of evidence produced in the workplace (including emails, letters, reports, presentations, appraisal information, witness testimonies – to cover some of the learning outcomes)
- Reflective discussion – structured interview to examine portfolio evidence and the learner journey in more detail (60 minutes)
On successful completion you could progress onto a Level 4 Professional Accounting / Taxation Technician Apprenticeship. Alternatively, you could progress further through study of other qualifications or business-related courses.
As well as ensuring full competency as an Assistant Accountant, this standard provides the
foundation for progression into a number of career paths in the Accounting sector including Audit Trainee,
Corporate Recovery Analyst, Credit Controller or Tax Accountant.
Apprenticeship course fees are subject to the age of the apprentice, the payroll of the employer and the number of employees. Course fees are paid by the employer and not the apprentice. Employers who take on an apprentice aged between 16-18 years old, or with an Educational Health Care Plan, will receive an Incentive Payment to help cover their costs. To discuss Apprenticeship course fees, employers should contact the Apprenticeship Team on 0800 328 3616 or email Apprenticeships@ccn.ac.uk
For more information on recruiting an apprentice or if you would like to train your existing staff please contact our Apprenticeship Team on 0800 328 3616 or email Apprenticeships@ccn.ac.uk
Insurance Practitioner Apprenticeship Level 3 Standard
Level 3, Apprenticeship, 2 years
HR Support Apprenticeship Level 3 Standard
Level 3, Apprenticeship, from 2 years
Team Leader Apprenticeship Level 3 Standard
Level 3, Apprenticeship, 2 years
Business Administrator Apprenticeship Level 3 Standard
Level 3, Apprenticeship, from 1 year