Culinary Skills City College Norwich Hotel School Diploma to a Level 3 Standard
- September 2019, Part Time
The City College Cookery School Advanced Diploma. Designed as a progression from the Diploma course for those wishing to further develop their cookery skills and tackle some more complex dishes and techniques.
This course is a 33 week, 3 term part time evening course.
Perfect for the learner looking to:
- Change career
- Broaden their range of recipes
- Launch own catering business
- Find employment in a cafe, bistro, pub
- Cook for private clients
- Cook in a school or care home
Candidates need to have completed the diploma course or similar, or have some experience and a passion for cooking.
During the 33 week course candidates will:
- Essential skills for a lifetime of confident cooking, using classic and modern techniques
- Develop their kitchen techniques, and different cooking styles.
- Kitchen time planning and costing
- Menu planning.
- Food hygiene and safety
- Allergen awareness
- Knife skills
- Comforting classics
- Modern and traditional dishes
- A variety of International dishes.
- With imagination, passion and enjoyment
Commitment to learning and interest in the subject area.
Candidates will be formally assessed at the end of each term. Each assessment will involve a researched written section to be completed in own time, in conjunction with a practical cooking assessment.
Candidates will receive a pass, merit or distinction at the end of the course.
No formal progression
This course is a full cost course which means that unfortunately there are no reductions in tuition fees if you are unemployed or in receipt of benefits. In addition to tuition fees, there is a weekly food cost of £4 to cover sundry items. You may be required to bring in some more expensive food items e.g. meat/fish. The uniform cost is approximately £65.
Culinary Skills City College Norwich Hotel School Diploma to a Level 2 Standard
Level 2, Part Time, 1 year
Hospitality Supervisor Apprenticeship Level 3 Standard
Level 3, Apprenticeship, 3 years
Level 3 Advanced Technical Diploma for Professional Chefs
Level 3, Full Time, 1 year
Production Chef Apprenticeship Standard Level 2
Level 2, Apprenticeship, 1 year