Culinary Skills City College Norwich Hotel School Diploma to a Level 3 Standard
- September 2020, Part Time
The City College Cookery School Advanced Diploma. Designed as a progression from the Diploma course for those wishing to further develop their cookery skills and tackle some more complex dishes and techniques.
This course is a 33 week, 3 term part time evening course.
Perfect for the learner looking to:
- Change career
- Broaden their range of recipes
- Launch own catering business
- Find employment in a cafe, bistro, pub
- Cook for private clients
- Cook in a school or care home
Candidates need to have completed the diploma course or similar, or have some experience and a passion for cooking.
During the 33 week course candidates will:
- Essential skills for a lifetime of confident cooking, using classic and modern techniques
- Develop their kitchen techniques, and different cooking styles.
- Kitchen time planning and costing
- Menu planning.
- Food hygiene and safety
- Allergen awareness
- Knife skills
- Comforting classics
- Modern and traditional dishes
- A variety of International dishes.
- With imagination, passion and enjoyment
Commitment to learning and interest in the subject area.
Candidates will be formally assessed at the end of each term. Each assessment will involve a researched written section to be completed in own time, in conjunction with a practical cooking assessment.
Candidates will receive a pass, merit or distinction at the end of the course.
No formal progression
Please note that courses may be cancelled if minimum numbers are not met. Please be aware that if you are no longer able to attend your course you will be offered an alternative date where available, however no refunds are available unless this course is cancelled by City College Norwich.