Culinary Skills City College Norwich Hotel School Diploma to a Level 2 Standard
- September 2019, Part Time
This course is a 33 week, 3 term part time evening course.
Perfect for the learner looking to:
- Change career
- Broaden their range of recipes
- Launch own catering business
- Find employment in a cafe, bistro, pub
- Cook for private clients
- Cook in a school or care home
Candidates need no previous experience, but must have a keen interest and desire to prepare, cook and serve good food.
During the 36 week course candidates will:-
- Essential skills for a lifetime of confident cooking, using classic and modern techniques, (see skills objectives)
- An introduction to kitchen techniques, and different cooking styles.
- Kitchen time planning and
- Menu planning.
- Basic food hygiene and safety
- Allergen awareness
- Knife skills
- comforting classics
- modern and traditional dishes
- a variety of International dishes.
- with imagination, passion and enjoyment
It is a one year course where you will attend College one day a week, Tuesday 6pm - 9pm.
Commitment to learning and interest in the subject area.
No formal progression however there is a Culinary Skills City College Norwich School Advance Diploma.
This course is a full cost course which means that unfortunately there are no reductions in tuition fees if you are unemployed or in receipt of benefits.
In addition to tuition fees, there is a weekly food cost of £4.00 to cover sundry items. You may be required to bring in some more expensive food items e.g. meat/fish. The uniform cost is approximately £65.
Culinary Skills City College Norwich Hotel School Diploma to a Level 3 Standard
Level 3, Part Time, 1 year
Hospitality Supervisor Apprenticeship Level 3 Standard
Level 3, Apprenticeship, 3 years
Level 3 Advanced Technical Diploma for Professional Chefs
Level 3, Full Time, 1 year
Production Chef Apprenticeship Standard Level 2
Level 2, Apprenticeship, 1 year