Culinary Skills City College Norwich Hotel School Diploma to a Level 2 Standard
- September 2020, Part Time
This course is a 33 week, 3 term part time evening course.
Perfect for the learner looking to:
- Change career
- Broaden their range of recipes
- Launch own catering business
- Find employment in a cafe, bistro, pub
- Cook for private clients
- Cook in a school or care home
Candidates need no previous experience, but must have a keen interest and desire to prepare, cook and serve good food.
During the 36 week course candidates will:-
- Essential skills for a lifetime of confident cooking, using classic and modern techniques, (see skills objectives)
- An introduction to kitchen techniques, and different cooking styles.
- Kitchen time planning and
- Menu planning.
- Basic food hygiene and safety
- Allergen awareness
- Knife skills
- comforting classics
- modern and traditional dishes
- a variety of International dishes.
- with imagination, passion and enjoyment
It is a one year course where you will attend College one day a week, Tuesday 6pm - 9pm.
Commitment to learning and interest in the subject area.
No formal progression however there is a Culinary Skills City College Norwich School Advance Diploma.
Please note that courses may be cancelled if minimum numbers are not met. Please be aware that if you are no longer able to attend your course you will be offered an alternative date where available, however no refunds are available unless this course is cancelled by City College Norwich.
Personal Licence Holders, Award Level 2 - £112
Level 2, Part Time, 1 day
Culinary Skills City College Norwich Hotel School Diploma to a Level 3 Standard
Level 3, Part Time, 1 year
Chef de Partie Apprenticeship Level 3 Standard
Level 3, Apprenticeship, 2 years
Hospitality Supervision & Leadership, Level 3
Level 3, Full Time, 1 year