This course is designed for health and safety representatives who have already completed the TUC Health & Safety Stage 1 Course or its equivalent, and who have had subsequent experience as an elected health and safety rep.
Age range (help you choose):
1 day a week for 12 weeks
TUC Health and Safety Stage 1 or own unions induction health and safety courses.
Portfolio and assignment.
TUC Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety.
The course builds upon the TUC Stage 1 Health and Safety Representatives' course by:
- further developing confidence, experience, knowledge and skills
- identifying, preventing and controlling risks to build a safer and healthier workplace
- involving members more in health and safety issues and developing a collective approach to health and safety
- ensuring that an equal opportunities approach to health and safety at work is adopted
- finding out information about the law and using it more effectively
- keeping up to date on health and safety law and information
- further building health and safety organisation at the workplace
- getting things done and effecting changes in health and safety at the workplace.
Please contact the Advice Shop for details of costs and start dates.
Please note that although the information given is believed to be correct at the time of publication, course information, costs where applicable and attendance details may change.