- Student life
- About us
- Principal's welcome
- Degrees at City College Norwich
- National Skills Academies
- International students
- Information Store
- Places to eat
- Solutions salons
- Solutions gym
- College Strategy 2009-2014
- Useful information - travel & stats
- Employer Partnerships
- Enterprise & Initiatives
- Our location
- Gazelle Global
- Job Vacancies
- Getting help
- Your voice
Junior Chef Saturday morning course for 10 to 14 year olds
City College Norwich’s popular Saturday morning Junior Chef course is back for 2012-13, with the next course beginning on Saturday 29th September.
The course is designed for young people aged between the ages of 10-14 and is taught by expert chefs from City College Norwich’s renowned Hotel School, who are passionate about teaching young people to cook and bake with imagination, style and flair.
The 10 week programme is offered every term. Students can sign up to all or just one of them:
- 29th September 2012 - 8th December 2012
- 12th January 2013 - 23rd March 2013
- 27th April 2013 - 6th July 2013
Students will be in the kitchens every Saturday during term time from 9:30am until 12:30pm and will finish each day with the delicious products of their cooking and baking to take home with them to share with family and friends!
Example dishes that students will prepare include:
- Victoria Sponge
- Green Pea and Tarragon soup with Irish Soda Bread
- Pizza Magarita and Cheesecake
- Chicken & Mushroom Pie and Apple Crumble
- Lasagne al Forno and Tiramisu
- Quiche Lorraine and Carrot Cake Muffins
- Old fashioned fish pie and Chocolate Fondant Puddings
- Butternut Squash Risotto and Lemon Meringue Pie
The Junior Baker and Junior Chef courses each cost £190, inclusive of all tuition and food costs. Please note that all students will be expected to purchase a Chefs jacket, red skull cap & apron and a set of chef's knives.
For more information about the Junior Academy and to book your son/daughter’s place please contact Natalie Brown, email Natalie.Brown@ccn.ac.uk or call (01603) 773 391.
- News category: