- Student life
- About us
- Principal's welcome
- Degrees at City College Norwich
- National Skills Academies
- International students
- Information Store
- Places to eat
- Solutions salons
- Solutions gym
- College Strategy 2009-2014
- Employer Partnerships
- Our location
- Gazelle Global
- Building Improvements 2013/14
- Job Vacancies
- Getting help
- Your voice
£10k Club Helps to Make a Million
Local businesses have been joining up to an exclusive club in aid of The Prince’s Trust. The “£10k Club” is an initiative set up by a fundraising team of staff and students from City College Norwich.
As part of The Prince’s Trust Million Makers Challenge the team have pledged to raise £10k by January 2010. Teams from across the country are competing to raise the most for the Prince’s Trust as part of a national campaign to raise £1 million for the charity whose work provides practical and financial support to disadvantaged young people nationwide.
The City College Million Makers are inviting local businesses to donate £100 or an auction prize to help the challenge. Businesses will not only be helping support young people but will gain membership of the “£10k club”. This will include a listing on the £10k club page at www.ccn.ac.uk/news/city-college-norwich-million-makers, a monthly e-newsletter with updates on the team’s progress and the first opportunity to buy tickets for the team’s upcoming fundraising events. Local businesses already involved include Mills & Reeve, OSR Recruitment, Body Wellness Health Club, Stuart Smith Partners and BJ Communications Ltd.
Tickets for the Millionaire’s Bash are now available and, at only £35 per person, the event will be a perfect night out for friends, business colleagues, or even office Christmas parties! All funds raised by the team will be used to support The Prince’s Trust’s local activities
Matt Applegate, Chair of the City College Norwich Million Makers Team, said: “It’s a pleasure to support and put something back into an organisation that offers so much to young people. Here at City College Norwich we are very proud of the work we do and hope to be involved in further exciting fundraising ventures for the Prince’s Trust in the future”.
The Prince’s Trust works with the 1 in 5 young people in the UK are currently not in education, employment or training. Last year the Prince’s Trust helped over 41,000 14-30 year olds who have struggled at school, have been in care, are long-term unemployed or have been in trouble with the law, in developing the key skills, confidence and motivation they need to move towards a successful future. To continue its work, the Prince’s Trust needs £1 million per week.
If you or your business would like to support the Million Makers team or to book tickets for the “Millionaire’s Bash” please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
10K Club Members
You need to donate
- A minimum of £100
- Plus, either a prize to auction at our grand Christmas dinner and auction event, or a prize for our raffle
What are the benefits of joining?
- A listing on our 10K Club web page, a web page that will be part of the City College website. This site received 400,000 unique visits from August 2008 to the end of July 2009.
- First refusal on ticketed fundraising events
- A monthly e-newsletter to update you on our progress
- Contributing to the future of your community
Forthcoming Million Maker events
- Each MillionMaker is undertaking an individual challenge with the aim of raising £100 each. You can sponsor us at http://www.justgiving.com/Million-Makers2009
Gala auction at Sprowston Manor Hotel on Tuesday 10 December 2009, including 3 course meal, stand up comedy and disco. 6pm to midnight.
- Raffle – to be drawn on 11 December 2009 at City College Norwich
- News category: