- Student life
- About us
- Principal's welcome
- Degrees at City College Norwich
- National Skills Academies
- International students
- Information Store
- Places to eat
- Solutions salons
- Solutions gym
- College Strategy 2009-2014
- Employer Partnerships
- Our location
- Gazelle Global
- Building Improvements 2013/14
- Job Vacancies
- Getting help
- Your voice
TUC Stepping Up - Advanced Course for Union Reps
This course is designed for union representatives who have already completed the TUC Stage 1 Union Representatives Course or its equivalent, and who have had subsequent experience as an elected union rep. The focus of your Stage 1 training was on your own workplace, and the skills and knowledge needed to meet your initial training needs as a new union rep. The TUC Advanced Course maintains the focus on your role as an elected workplace union rep. It is also designed to use your experience to step back and look at the bigger picture of what it means to be a union representative.
Course Length:1 day a week for 10 weeks
Completion of either TUC Union Reps Stage 1 or own unions induction training courses.
Portfolio and Assignment
TUC Diploma in Contemporary Trade Unionism or TUC Diploma in Employment Law
This course will help you:
- build a broad perspective of where you fit in the scheme of things
- build understanding of effective representation and participation, and the ability to organise and plan for it
- build confidence in researching and using rights at work
- broaden knowledge of collective bargaining methods and mechanisms, and the ability to use them effectively
- develop capacity for leading on the collective agenda
- prepare for/facilitate progression to advanced work on union issues, including advanced courses and union roles
Please contact the Advice Shop for details of costs and start dates.
Please note that although the information given is believed to be correct at the time of publication, course information, costs where applicable and attendance details may change.