- Student life
- About us
- Principal's welcome
- Degrees at City College Norwich
- National Skills Academies
- International students
- Information Store
- Places to eat
- Solutions salons
- Solutions gym
- College Strategy 2009-2014
- Useful information - travel & stats
- Employer Partnerships
- Enterprise & Initiatives
- Our location
- Gazelle Global
- Job Vacancies
- Getting help
- Your voice
Professional Cookery (City & Guilds VRQ 3)
This vocationally related qualification has been designed by City & Guilds in order to:
- Meet the needs of candidates who work or want to work as chefs in the catering and hospitality sector
- Allow candidates to learn, develop and practice the skills required for employment and/or career progression in the catering and hospitality sector
- Contribute to skills and knowledge towards an ABC Pastry Cook (Level 2) qualification.
Course Length:One year
You will need to have successfully completed the Diploma in Professional Cookery VRQ2 or equivalent.
VRQs are broken down into Craft and Non-Craft Units. The non-craft units are assessed by the completion of assignments requiring personal research.
Craft units are assessed by short answer questions for knowledge and for practical skills using a series of tests and end of session synoptic tests in both pastry and kitchen/larder disciplines.
The completion of all units results in the award of the Diploma with Pass, Credit or Distinction grades.
After successful achievement of the qualification you can expect to obtain a supervisory position in a professional kitchen of a national or international hospitality and catering organisation.
Please contact the Advice Shop for details of costs and start dates.
Please note that although the information given is believed to be correct at the time of publication, course information, costs where applicable and attendance details may change.